Epilogue - Love & Marriage

Michael's POV

"You did it, mate!" I say to Ashton as we sit at the long table in the reception hall. "You and Hailey are actually married! You're the first married member of 5SOS!"

He yanks on his collar slightly, and flashes me a knowing look. "I won't be the only one, soon enough."

I clamp my hand over his mouth, silently praying Alyssa didn't hear him. We look over at Ashton's beautiful bride laughing with my even more beautiful girlfriend, the lavender bridesmaid dress accentuating her fiery hair.

"She has no idea, mate," he whispers in my ear. "Don't worry."

I place a hand on each of Ashton's shoulders as I turn him away from Hailey to face me.

"I know Calum is your best man and all," I start. "But if she says yes, I want you to be my best man. Will you be responsible for keeping me sane before my wedding?"

He throws his arms around me and pats my back hard. "I would be honored to," he replies, his voice cracking. When we release each other, his hazel eyes are slightly red with tears.

Hailey looks over at her new husband, straightening the vest of his tux before pecking his cheek.

"Are you alright?" she asks.

He nods and looks at the three of us, since he's now caught Alyssa's attention.

"Yeah," he replies as he wipes his eyes. "I've just never been happier. This night can't get any better."

Hailey smiles at him, and her green eyes show all the words she can never say. The guests must have noticed, because they start to chant, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Around the fifth chant, the newlyweds give in, leading us to applaud. I look over at Alyssa, who returns my gaze, a large grin plastered on her face. Butterflies fill my stomach. Part of me wants to get down on my knees and proclaim my eternal love for her, but now is not the time or place for that. This is about Ash and Hailey. Lyssie and I will have our chance.

Hopefully.

As Alyssa turns to Megan and begins to chat with her, I feel strong hands on my shoulders. I know immediately that it's Calum, considering the fact that I'm sitting in the best man's chair.

"I would let you sit here," he muses. "But I'm kinda the best man, and I've gotta give my toast in a minute."

I shrug and move to the next spot to my right, now sitting between Cal and Luke. My quiffed blond friend carefully pats the breast pocket of my tux, where there's a ring.

"Does Calum know?" he asks simply. I sigh, turning around to look at my Kiwi friend, who's making jokes about the raunchy things he's going to say in his toast.

"I don't think so. Now isn't a good time to tell him, though," I reply, running a hand through my now-blond hair. Alyssa convinced me to stop dyeing it so I wouldn't go bald as fast.

"You know that he won't react as badly as you think he will," Luke says. "That was three years ago. He's moved on, I know he has."

"But that doesn't mean he doesn't feel anything for her anymore," I retort, clasping my hands together in my lap.

He nods. His gaze goes to Megan, who's laughing with Alyssa over something that Calum said. I follow his eyes to look at them; they're all smiling.

"Do you think you two will get married eventually?" I ask Luke quietly.

"Maybe," he replies. "Once things aren't so crazy, I think I'll ask her. We both agreed that we wanna wait a while. Especially now that you and Alyssa are gonna be getting married."