Me and Mr. Hollywood part 21

"In a statement issued by James Hutch publicist, it is stated that: Halee Carter and James Hutch are indeed engaged to be married, but the pregnancy accusations are unfounded and false. the statement continues to say that the couple are excited about their upcoming nuptuials and perhaps children in the far-off future." The reporter said, "But, if you ask me, eighteen and engaged? There's got to be a good story behind that one!"

"A good one indeed," I shut the TV off mumbling to myself. James was on set today, but I had a photoshoot with Amy's line later, so I slept in and relaxed in the condo all day. I was just about to leave when the reporter started to speak, it caught my attention to I had stopped to listen.

Ugh! How did this turn into my life? How did I become some model with a superstar fiance? It didn't make any sense. Not that I didn't like modelling, but still, I was suppose to go to college and get a degree not wear tight jeans for billboard ads. Often I wondered how quickly all the offers I had on the table would disappear if my 'celebrity' disappeared.

When i arrived at the photoshoot, the photographer met me with two air kisses, then hurried me off to hair, makeup and wardrobe. This shoot was really important because the pictures taken today would be all over the runway premiere of the spring line up.

"Hey," I smiled at Jesse, she was a miracle worker, she could make me look like I had the best night sleep in my life when in reality I was up all night tossing and turning.

"Hey Carter," she never used my real name once, no idea why, that was just her. She must have been around twenty three. "Trixy is here."

"I know," I sighed, i loved trixy but she was so demanding, then again, she new how to put an outfit together better than anyone I know. Not to mention, she created most of the line, it just had Amy's name on it.

Trixy came into the room like a little pixie, looking me up and down, "You've lost three pounds." she announced slightly displeased because she knew James and all about my eatting disorder, it's impossible to keep secrets on that set.

"What?" I said innocently, but i knew I had lost the weight.

she just clucked her tongue at me, "You know, if you lose five I'm telling James."

"Trixy!" I begged, i didn't want to deal with his wrath.

she just raised her eyebrow at me while Jesse worked on my hair and make up, then she said, "I can tell how much weight you lose just by looking at you"

"I know." I said quietly. "But this shoot is important and I want to look good."

"A skeleton won't look good in anything," She informed me, "Even if I dress it."

I just smirked at her arrogance. "I didn't lose it on purpose. It just happened somehow."

* * *

"Halee Elizabeth!" James called when he came in the door from work that day.

I cringed, after Trixy was done with me she was heading back to the set. Did she actually tell him?God! you just can't trust anybody if you can't trust assistants.

I went to the top of the stairs and looked down at him crossing his arms over his chest looking at me. I wasn't sure what that expression on his face was. "Yes." I tried to sound as neutral as possible.

"Come here."

"Ok," I pretended that I didn't know anything and walked down the stairs with as much confusion as possible. When I reacted him, he still kept his face neutral almost stern.

"According to Trixy," CRAP! "You totally rocked that photoshoot!" Then a huge grin flashed across his face and he pulled me into a congradulatory hug. With relief I sank into him, good she hadn't told. Then he continued by saying, "Trixy was actually in a good mood, she let me pick what style of t-shirt I would wear for this one scene! that never happens!"