Me and Mr.Hollywood part 8

"Miss," The security gaurd stopped me, "You're not permitted back there."

"Oh really?" i asked not really believing it, "How much will it take for you to let me through."

"I don't think you have that kind of money."

"I think i do," I chuckled slightly to myself then took my sunglasses off.

I saw recongination register in his voice and i pulled my wallet out, then "Maybe you could just get Kevin?"

"You know Kevin?" he asked skeptically.

"Yes." i nodded, even though i wouldn't really call it 'know him'.

"Whatever 20 bucks," he looked at me, "And I'll pretend i never saw you."

"And here i was thinking it would take more," I handed him twenty and walked past him.

***

"You what?" I heard his voice outside, "You can't! Are you crazy?"

"Sir," I heard Kevin reply.

"You let a stranger into my trailer!"

I heard Kevin chuckle slightly, "No sir, i said i let a girl in your trailer, i never said she was a stranger."

"Kevin," I heard James sigh, "Is it my mother? Really, i'm getting tired of these practical jokes you play. If i wake up to water over the door again, i swear no christmas bonus."

"Mom," James came into the trailer. I was sitting on the couch. When he spotted me a huge grin came across his face, "Not Mom."

I shook my head.

"Not happy either," he observed. "What's going on?"

"Nothing ," i lied.

He sat down beside me on the couch, "You, Halee Carter, have terrible acting skills. I can read you like a book."

"I got fired," i shrugged, "That's all."

"Why?"

"No comment."

"Oh," he understood without further explanation.

"Well i'm glad you're here." he changed the subject, "How did you get  through all the secuirty?"

i laughed at this, "It actually wasn't difficult."

"What did you do?" he questioned me.

"Well, I bribed the first gaurd, who by the way took twenty bucks, then the second gaurd wasn't paying attention at all, and lucky for me Kevin and I formed quite the relationship on our walk through the airport."

"20 bucks?" He laughed, "That's all it took to get past him?"

"Yep. Well to be fair i think he knew who i was," i shrugged, "He just wanted twenty bucks."

James wrapped his arms around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "I'm glad you came."

"Sorry for intruding," I muttered. "You probably have to get back to filming."

"Actually," he stood up, "We wrapped early for the day. It didn't take as long as we thought it would to finish."

"Really," I smiled.

"Yep, so how about we go out for dinner?" He brushed his hand across my cheek, "You look like you could use some cheering up."

i forced a smile, and he grimaced back at me. "What's wrong? Really?"

"Nothing," i assured him with a kiss. "Why does everyone keep saying i look like hell?"

"You don't look like hell," he scoffed, "You look like my beautiful fiancee."