Prologue

"Babies?"

"She's carrying triplets."

The team of droids operated as quickly as possible. A cry was heard, and the baby was brought into his mother's vision.

"It's a boy."

"Luke," she gasped.

The second child was a girl.

"Leia," cried the mother.

It was difficult with the last child. For a time they thought this one may not make it.

"It's a girl," the robotic voice finally said.

"L-Lili," managed Padmae just before breathing her last.

"Separated, the children must be."

It was decided that baby Leia would be taken by a senator and his wife.

"We've talked of adopting a baby girl. She will be loved with us."

Obi-Wan volunteered to take Luke to his family on Tatoowin.

"And Lili?" inquired the senator.

"Leave the child with me," said Master Yoda, then he turned to Obi-Wan. "After delivered young Luke you have, return. Tell you where to take her, I will. Danger I see in her future. Hidden carefully, she must be."

"I agree," said Obi-Wan. He started to leave, then paused on the threshold and turned back.

"May the Force be with us all."

  Meanwhile...

The man in black  turned to the other man - the one he now called 'Master'.

"How is Padmae?" he asked softly. "Is she... alright?"

The other man, now having acquired his desire, no longer gave any thought to the younger man's feelings.

"It seems that in your anger," he replied, "you... killed her."

"No," cried the first man desperately. "She was alive! I felt it!"

He knelt and cried his fury and  sorrow into the stale air of the ship.

the older man ordered a droid to take the other to his quarters.

Once there, Darth Vader, as he was now called, lay on the floor and sobbed. Padmae had been his life. What did he have left to lve for with her gone?

Suddenly he remembered. The tears began to slow. His beautiful Padmae had died in childbirth.... Perhaps the child had survived. Maybe...

"Rise, Lord Vader," said Darth Sidious, Master. "What is it you desire?"

It was the day after her death. Darth Vader had formed a plan, and was now requesting that his master would allow it.

"Master," he said slowly, "I request permission to search for the child of Anakin Skywalker. Perhaps they can be trained in the Dark Side of the Force."

The wrinkled one thought for a moment.

"Yes.... A good plan.... Yes. I grant permission for the search, but be sure you do not forget to oversee construction of my Death Star."

"Yes, my Master. I thank you."

With that, he left, and the search for baby Skywalker began.

Sorry if it's no good! If you'll stick with me, I think the next chapters will be better! Any predictions on how it'll go?