ともだち (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷)

𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚一

𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙
𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚

Sato Shizuka (6 years old)

"Honey? Wake up, we're close."

I opened my eyes to see that my mother and I were still in the taxi. I looked around and I can say that the moving scenery was unfamiliar, not that I can see that much, I can barely see the scenery outside for the taxi's window was too high for me. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn. My mother let out a small giggle and pinched my cheeks.

"What a cute child I have," she gushed. Her eyes sparkled with love and a light blush adorned her cheeks.

"...you're hurting me," I told her when she didn't let go for a few seconds. She kissed my forehead and finally took off her hand.

"Do you want to sit in my lap? I don't think you can see from there," my mother offered. She patted her laps thinking that it will help in convincing me to sit there.

It did.

Now sitting in my mother's lap, I can see my surroundings better. I can see multiple hills, houses and schools. There was a lot of green in this area. It was refreshing, compared to the bustling city that I used to live in. My facial expression didn't change but I could tell that my brown doe eyes were shining, shining with excitement and fear. Excited to be in a new area, and afraid to meet new people.

My mother was the one who decided to move here. She said it was a good idea to move to have a breath of fresh air? I forgot what she exactly said, but I guess it is nice to have a new scenery. When I asked if father was joining us, she told me that he was busy house-hopping, whatever that meant.

The taxi slowed down until it finally stopped in front of an average-looking house. My mother wrapped her hands around me and adjusted a bit to carry me. It wasn't a problem for her to carry me, I was small and light. She opened the taxi's door and stepped outside. A fresh scent hit me and I immediately liked this part of Miyagi.

"Shizu-chan, we're going to live in that house from now on okay?" My mother pointed to the house that had 2 floors and was right next to similar looking houses. Unlike the other houses, it looked like a blank sheet of paper, ready to be drawn on. It was as if it was telling us to make it unique from all the rest.

I just nodded and stared at my new home.

6 days later ー

Sato Shizuka (6 years old) ー

"oOOORYAAAH"

"HUUUUGYAAA"

"OOOSHYAAAA"

I stopped coloring my animal coloring book and covered my ears from the yelling that was coming from the people that were living across from us. I could only hope that it would stop. My mother on the other hand, looked ready to throw a bomb to our neighbor. She massaged her head, possibly thinking of ways to make the yelling stop.