『とくべつ』

𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹
𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗲𝘆𝗮𝗺𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘇𝘂𝗸𝗮
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝

The air surrounding both teams was tense. It was a deciding match; the prefectural tournament. One side of the court held Chidoriyama and the other held Kitagawa Daiichi. Both teams have the goal of continuing to nationals, but the hurtful reality of volleyball is that only one can achieve that goal. 

The yells and cheers of the people in the stands were loud. The banging of the drums that Chidoriyama had vibrated all around the the venue. The plastic props of KitaIchi resonated and fought back with its rhythm. 

Shizuka usually hated loud sounds, but it only made her even more fired up.

It was the second set, with them leading. They had no room for errors, for Kitagawa Daiichi took the first set from them. That fact didn't shake The Puppeteer though.

Shizuka was calm from the beginning of the match, and this rattled the core of Kitagawa Daiichi. It was as if she already knew what would happen. This made them want to score more points faster, especially the one who was named King of the Court.

Kageyama was losing his composure fast. It was already a shock to him when their opponent wasn't Shiratorizawa, but at the same time he knew that The Puppeteer was capable of doing miracles like this. Realistically speaking, he was jealous of what she could do. She could be on the most hopeless team there is and still bring them to Nationals. That was the power that she possessed. In order to beat her, he needs his teammates to move faster, to hit his sets.

But the more he's trying to score, the more he's falling into her trap.

Once Shizuka noticed that Kitagawa Daiichi's balance was gradually being tipped by Kageyama, she whispered to the coach about the percentage rise of their win. The coach noted, and told her to make strategies.

"I don't think we would need strategies coach," Shizuka looked down, feeling bad that she was taking advantage of the emotions Kageyama was feeling at the moment. The coach narrowed his eyes and asked why.

"As long as we remain calm, all we need to do is wait for him to crack."

The coach stared at her, unsure of her decisions. It looked like she was sure of this one, but something didn't feel right to him. But as long as this will lead them to victory, then so be it.

"Any more?"

"The formation that we have at the moment is our best defense. The blockers are tall on this set up, so it will push Kageyama-san to do his incredibly hard tosses in hope that the ball would get past our blockers," Shizuka explained.

The set was kept in play, with Kitagawa Daiichi having a hard time spiking the king's toss. Chidoriyama reached set point first, which overjoyed the players and their supporters. It was long overdue, but Shizuka finally saw Kageyama crack.

"MOVE FASTER! JUMP HIGHER! MATCH THE SPEED AND HEIGHT OF MY TOSSES! IF YOU WANT TO WIN, THEN DO IT!"

Shizuka narrowed her eyes. Is that how much you want to win? She thought. She could relate to the feeling; to be that desperate. She would do anything to help her team reach Nationals.