Burgundy Red Stain

It was around noon when I finally woke up. The space beside me on the bed, empty. I groaned and rolled over onto my side, pulling the blanket over my head to block out the sun that kissed my skin.

It wasn't even a minute later did I hear the creaking of the bedroom door being pushed open. I felt hands grip at the edge of the blanket and with one forceful tug my means of warmth was pulled from my grasp.

"You better get your ass up, I used my last few eggs to make you breakfast." Boun's voice flooded into my ears, catching my attention at the mention of food.

"What did you make?" I questioned, "better be good." 

"I made edible material which, if you didn't know, means you can eat it." Boun said, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me off the bed.

"I know what edible means Boun. You don't have to be such a know it all." I complained and pushed him off. I stood up and tried to wipe the sleep from my eyes. Boun huffed out an angry sigh and left the room.

Just last night weren't we joking around with each other? I think Boun is just way too sensitive when it comes to certain comments. Especially when the comment is targeted at his character. I don't understand why he gets so defensive and angry about things like that but I guess it's just him being him.

I walked out of the room and entered Boun's tiny dining room. A plate of eggs, bacon, and toast sitting on the table waiting for me. Boun was already seated at the table, picking at his food more than actually eating it. 

"Look, I'm sorry, can we just forget about whatever I said that made you mad?" 

Boun's dark brown eyes flickered up to me. "Sure, just eat the food I made." He said.

"I will, it looks delicious." I hummed out joyfully and sat myself down in front of my plate. I picked up my fork, getting ready to consume the breakfast Boun had made for me when I caught something out of the corner of my eye.

 A deep burgundy spot stained Boun's white T-shirt, the stain was of the smallest amount. Small enough Boun himself probably didn't even notice.

"Hey Boun, you got something on your shirt." I pointed it out to him. I watched as his eyes grew the size of dinner plates when he caught sight of the red stain. His eyes then looked back at me with worry. 

"You know if the shirt's important to you I can always try to help get it out. Google might offer some tips to getting stains out of clothes easier." I said. "What even is it? If we know what it is there might be something that makes it come out like nothing." 

"I...I don't know. Besides it's not a big deal, this shirt's not important or anything." 

"You sure? You seemed really worried just a few seconds ago." I said.

"Nah, just a little frustrated that I didn't notice I had some red shit on me." He remarked, stabbing an egg with his fork. 

We continued to eat since Boun had declared his shirt worthless and the stain to be not so big of a deal. 

When we were done I grabbed our plates and put them in the sink. Boun watching me as I did so.

"Do you want me to do the dishes?" I asked as I scanned the clutter of dirty plates, cups, and silverware.

"Do what you want though it would help me quite a bit if you did do some type of chore." He said, leaning against the counter, a smile plastered on his lips.

"And it would be such a help to me if you would also participate in cleaning this messy place you call a house." I said, "I can do the dishes but you have to go clean the bedroom."

Boun's face scrunched up in disgust before he nodded. "I gotcha ya." With that he took his leave and went to tidy up the room.

Despite the happy atmosphere I couldn't help but sense the stiffness in his movements. It all started after I pointed out that red stain. The way he held himself was different from when he didn't know it was there. 

Maybe he was just trying to play it off as a little accident but it could possibly mean a lot more to him. That shirt could of came from someone special, possibly a family member of some sort. It could of even came from a lover of his, though it is a boy shirt, I ain't one to judge.

It might of been a girl despite it being man's shirt, there are plenty of females that wear stuff like that. I don't know but I want to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry that it's shorter than the last one but I think it still did alright.
:-)