04: 7 Devils

❝  She was an independent woman; who needed no men to thrive ❞

"Come in," Seulgi said as she set down her wine glass on her ivory colored desk table.

Kai entered her personal office and greeted her with a small smile with a brown folder in his hands. He sat on the chair across her, placing the folder on top of her table.

"Since you've asked me to turn down the partnership with YG, I found a better supplier of private aircrafts. Their main office is in Japan, but they also have a newly opened branch here in Korea. All the information are inside the folder" Seulgi nodded, reading through all the details and information attached on the folder.

"NCT? How come I never heard of them?" Seulgi looked up from the folder with a questioning gaze.

"They're still a growing business, but they're already competing with global aircraft businesses. SM has been using their aircrafts for their business trips recently. Plus, Seungwan personally knows the CEO of NCT" Kai explained as Seulgi continued on reading through the file.
"Alright, please schedule the contract signing as soon as possible and also e-mail my brother the files" Seulgi ordered, motioning to the folder in her hands before placing it inside her desk drawer.

Kai nodded in agreement. "Please ask Taemin to come to my office after you leave. It's about the next mission–"

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you" Kai cut her off. "The assigned mission for you in Bali was cancelled. Haneul hyung gave the job to sombody else"

"What? Why?" Seulgi furrowed her brows.

Seulgi wondered that perhaps both her father and older brother were underestimating her yet again. She had always felt dejected when they would always look down on her solely because she was a girl. No matter how hard she tried to prove them that she was as capable as them, she was still deprived of reaching her full potential as a leader for they never gave her a chance to.

When she was first assigned a mission to fulfill, she thought her father and brother were already trusting her to be able to handle the job alone. Much to her dismay, SuperM was tasked to work with her and protect her at all costs. She was highly against the idea, but knew her father wouldn't allow her to work alone no matter how much excuses she gave. In the end, she agreed but only gave them minor tasks. She always preferred doing the majority.

Afterall, she was an independent woman; who needed no men to thrive.

Kai chuckled after seeing her reaction, earning nothing but a death glare. "They're not underestimating you, Seul. They're assigning you a bigger mission to complete" He said, being able to read her thoughts.

Seulgi smiled at the mention of a bigger mission. It was tougher and more challenging. And maybe, just maybe if she was able to handle the job on her own, then she can finally convince her father that she no longer needed SuperM to help her.

"Really?" She beamed in excitement. "We'll discuss about it in the conference room" She added, standing up from her seat.

"Alright" Kai mirrored the smile she wore.

Seulgi nodded, slipping on her turquoise blazer before leaving her personal office with Kai following closely behind. She dashed down the grand staircase and Kai gave a signal to the others to follow them. They passed by the dining hall to the elevators. She pressed the button to the basement where the conference room was located.

Exiting the elevators, she passed by the lounge area and the indoor swimming pool with the others trailing behind her. She rounded the corner and stopped by a door that led to the vintage library.