06: Masked

❝  No one can wear a mask for very long ❞

Kang Seulgi reajusted her navy blue mask resting on the bridge of her nose as the limousine halted in front of the luxurious hotel's main entrance where the masquerade themed charity ball will be held.

A guard opened the door for the trio, Kai stepped out of the car in a stunning burgundy colored suit with nothing else underneath. Contrary to his outfit, Taeyong wore a classic black tuxedo with gold linings over a white turtleneck shirt.

Seulgi followed suit in a sleevless flowy navy blue sequined dress, falling just above her ankles, paired with black velvet stilettos. Taeyong extended a hand for her to take, but she simply ignored the gentleman's help.

"Don't fucking touch me" Seulgi warned quietly as two more guards opened the glass double doors for them.

"No promises, tigress" Taeyong stubbornly replied, supressing his laughter.

"Do it and I'll stab your eyeballs with my heels" Seulgi threatened, resulting to him fall silent.

The trio were escorted by a hotel staff to the venue. Seulgi guessed the man dressed in a dark gray tuxedo was Jaebum who stood by the entrance of the large ballroom, greeting the guests with formal handshakes and polite smiles.

"I'm glad you decided to come! Welcome!" Jaebum exclaimed brightly, offering a handshake to the two men.

"You look stunning, Seulgi-ssi" He complimented and Seulgi replied with a chuckle; finding both Kai and Taeyong's expression funny from behind Jaebum.

"Thank you" Seulgi didn't have the energy to return the compliment.

"There are a few seats left at the front, the auction will start in about ten minutes or so" Jaebum informed, making way for the trio to enter the hall.

"Alright, thank you" Seulgi smiled sweetly.

Before the trio could pass through the body scanner disguised as a simple entrance decoration of the charity ball, a sudden power outage occured, just like as planned.

As soon as the electricity went out, series of loud gasps were heard from the guests of the event. Jaebum immediately took action and went inside the hall with his phone's flashlight, reassuring the guests that he will handle the situation.

Emergency lights turned on in a flash, illuminating the grand hall, but it was still too dim. Jaebum apologized to the guests once more before dashing out the hall to fix the matter.

"Do you want me to come along with you?" Taeyong offered which he politely declined.

"No worries," He shook his head with a smile. "Sir, please escort them inside" He ordered a male staff on duty.

"Coast is clear" Kai quietly said in the earpiece.

After Kai's go signal, Ten cautiously made his way near the entrance. He double checked the area, making sure no one was in sight. With his gloves on, he hurriedly picked on the lock of the body scanner.

"Five minutes, hyung" Lucas reminded Ten as he watched him work back in the mansion through the several monitors mounted on the wall, overlooking countless surveilance cameras around the hotel.

"Interchange the red and yellow wire before connecting it to Mark's PC" Lucas guided, earning a nod from Ten through the screen.

Once five minutes are up, the electricity would turn back on. The body scanner needs a large amount of electricity to power up, but an electric generator wouldn't be able to render the machine on. If Ten doesn't work fast, he would get caught and he wouldn't be able to put it back in place.