ch 2

2 years later 

I looked at the rope in my closet. I stole it from the gardening shop down the street. Barracading my door with my desk and bed, i turned around, hanging it from the vent in the ceiling, doing a thousand knots, then tying that one precious noose at the end. That was it. That single noose was my ticket out of here, to leave behind the abuse, rape, and pain overall that i had suffered. I looked up at it adoringly, when the stone hit my window sill and i saw the boy in the window.

He had a scene haircut, a black lip ring and was wering full black, like me ( sorry you dont know, but last year i got really upset at the world and dicided to shange. I threw away all my bright clothes, i cut my hair emo style, and dyed avarything that was mine black. Mum thoughtr it was just a stage in my life and objected badly, but dad, obvioulsy didnt care.

I looked at him and tears trickled down my face. I got something and bashed my window, with glass spilling everywhere. " Honey! Alexis sweetie where are you? why cant i open your door!?" yelled my Mum. Before i heard a guttural scream come from her " MUM NO!" i shreiked, opening the door, i saw a hole in my beautiful mothers head, and the rest of her body slumped onto the floor. My dad rushed at me, and i ran to the window, dropped down the pipe and ran as fast as i could. As fast as i could for as long as i could. then i turned to the park five blocks away, which used to be my Mother and i's secret place, climbed the tree, and fell asleep.

JAIMIES ( pronounced jay-mie not hai-mie) Point of view

I saw her as i was walking down the street, assembling her suicide attempt. She reminded me of myself and before i knew it, i was outside her window and throwing a rock at it. She turns and looks at me with sea- aqua eyes full of shock and mistrust. Then i hear voices outside her room, and a bang and a horrible scream that squeezed at my heart. Then she was running past me, and running, like her life depended on it. She ran for a bit and climbed a tree at a park, and fell asleep.

I carried her, bridal style to my apartment, and laid her onto the couch. She was beautiful, wearing long black skinny jeans and a pierce the veil tee. her hair tied into a fishtail.  I sat, looking at her, until my Mum came home.