Part 9 - Teaming up with Shinji?

Shinji: Don't give me such a scary face. From what I can tell, you were forced to become a Master, as well? It's the same for me, to tell you the truth.

Lying son of a b*tch... I was standing at the side, invisible that servants unavailable to detect me.

Shinji: Although I have no intention to fight, I've been dragged into this Holy Grail War, and it's a nuisance for me.

Shirou: Then what's this force field? Are you saying you don't want to fight after setting something up like thi-

Shinji: There's that purebred magus, Tohsaka, attending this school, right? So I wanted to establish some defensive tactics.

Shirou: That doesn't mean you have to use this kind of force field..

Shinji: Emiya, you know me, I don't like to fight. Besides, aren't we longtime buddies?

Shirou and Kazuto: ...

I turn myself visible.

Kazuto: Don't think you can just do anything you want, Shinji.

Shirou: Kazuto?! I thought you gone home!

Shinji: Homura... Of course, you can come too if you're worried about Emiya, plus aren't we also longtime buddies?

Longtime buddies my *ss...

And we're at Matou's...

Shinji: It's been 2 years since you both have been here, right?

Shirou: Hey...

Shinji: Hm? Oh, I'm keeping her close to me...because I'm pretty scared of your servants, too.

Shirou: On one hand, you say you trust us and on the other, that's the attitude you show?

Shinji: Well, you can call your Servant, too. Yeah, that's a good idea. That way, we can understand each other. What a fair deal! I've shown you mine, so now show me yours.

Shirou: I don't think so. She's keeping me from doing anything, that should be enough for you.

Shinji: Tch, damn it, you're useless as usual. Fine, let's get down to business. Emiya, Homura, want to team up with me?

Team up? With this jerk? No way!

Shinji: Honestly, I'm still very inexperienced as a Master, so I want to team up with someone I can trust.

Shirou: Before that, We want to ask you something.

Kazuto: First, about Mitsuzuri.

Shirou: The one that assaulted her was...

Shinji: Yes, I'm deeply saddened by her tragedy. There's a high possibility that someone's servant assaulted her. Of course, I swear to God that it wasn't me.

Kazuto: ...

Shirou: I see. Then one more question. How did you become a Master?

Shinji: The Matou family is a lineage of magi.

Shirou: What?!

Shinji: That being said, our roots have dried up. We're no longer magi. We only have the knowledge.

Shirou: Don't tell me Sakura has been learning magic, too!

Kazuto: Tch...

Shinji: You don't know anything, do you? If there are two or more children, the successor is the eldest male. Children that weren't picked to be the successor are either raised in ignorance, or sent to other families as foster children.