The Shining Beacon

A/n: First off, for those of you who don't read my God of War story, you wouldn't have known this. You guys now control what I write, I will be putting a straw poll in my conversations with the stories available for updating, the story with the largest amount of votes will be updated first, the second-highest will be next. To avoid stories being updated repeatedly, I won't be adding the same story to the poll for three weeks after the stories are updated.

Deciding to ride to the school in the same bullhead as my daughters is now seeming like a questionable decision. Seeing how Yang is practically strangling her sister in the middle of the ship.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby gasps for breath.

Ruby: Please stop.

Yang released her sister.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: It was nothing, besides, I had Dad there to help me. It would have been more impressive if he wasn't there.

Me: Are you saying you don't want your old man around?

Ruby turned and hugged me immediately.

Ruby: Of course not! You're like one of my favorite people!

Me: Really? How high am I up there?

Ruby thought for a minute, trying to place me in a spot.

Ruby: You're like, top three. My top three favorite people are Mom, Yang, and you!

Me: Glad to hear I made it.

She let go of me right as Yang continued the conversation.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees!

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited... I just... I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Me: Ruby. You don't have any idea how special you are, do you?

Before she could respond, a news report came on the TV, it was talking about how Roman was arrested, and it also mentioned a Faunus rights protest.

The Huntress from last night came on, and that was about the time I stopped paying attention.

Ruby: Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here!

I joined them in looking out from the window.

Ruby: I guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacon's our home, now.

Me: I would just like to point out that we can literally see our house from here.

We heard retching from the corner of the ship, a blonde-haired boy ran past us.

Yang: Well. I guess the view isn't for everyone.

Ruby: It was nice while it lasted.

We all looked at him as he ran past, leaving Ruby to be the first to notice the puke on Yang's shoe.

Ruby: Oh gross, Yang you have puke on your shoe!

Yang started to freak out, while I was laughing my ass off.

Timeskip

We stepped off the ship, prompting an excited "Woah" from Yang and Ruby.

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby immediately became excited at the sight of all the weapons, almost chasing after their owners, had Yang not grabbed her and pulled her back.

Now, I know I should be listening to my daughters, but I instead took the time to hack into Beacon's ctOS system. Even though I don't need it, it will definitely be nice to have full control over the school, should I need it.

Yang: Well... Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

I was brought back to attention by Yang's friends grabbing her and taking off.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

Me: If I remember correctly, we need to go listen to the headmaster's speech.

Ruby fell over, still dazed from Yang suddenly leaving, falling right into Weiss Schnee's luggage cart.

Weiss: What are you doing?!

Ruby: Uh, sorry!

Weiss: Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?

Ruby: Uhhh...

Ruby held up a case.

Weiss: Give me that!

She snatched the case from Ruby and opens it to reveal a large amount of dust.

Weiss: This is Dust. Mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry!

Ruby: Uuuhhhh...

Weiss: What are you, brain-dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

She was shaking the vial in her face, the cap was loose, allowing it to let out a large amount of dust.

Weiss: Are you even listening? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!

Ruby finally sneezed, causing a massive explosion to erupt from her face, shrouding the entitled heiress with fire, snow, and electricity.

Weiss: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ruby: Well, I-I...

Weiss: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... watch where you're going!

Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, princess!

A girl in a bow came up from behind us.

Girl: It's heiress, actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Me: And co-founder and largest investor in the entire ctOS system.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

Girl: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Me: Along with creating an easily exploitable security system, and selling it to the entire world.

Weiss: Wha- How dare- The nerve of... Ugh!

She finally just stormed off. Leaving the blonde boy from the ship to walk up to us.

Boy: Hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: I'm Ruby, aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?

I leaned in to whisper something to her.

Me: I'm going inside, the headmaster is in the auditorium. Don't do anything fishy with this boy.

She blushed red and punched me in the shoulder.

Ruby: Dad!

I laughed and kept going.

Me: I'm just kidding, I know you like girls.

Ruby: DAD!

I continued to chuckle as I moved along.