Chapter 2

Daniel had gone back to the other boys who were play without Zach temporarily.
"If you're gonna be around often, I should give you a heads up that Corbyn has a girlfriend named Christina but you'll love her when you meet her."
"I'm not even sure how long I'll be around. I've never really had a lot of friends, mostly kept to myself."
"I was like that too but give it some time and you will love these idiots too. They're good people."
Before I could say anything, a girl with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes came up to us. She sat next to me where Daniel was a few minutes ago. She smiled at me but I could tell it was fake.
" I'm Kay, Zach's girlfriend" she said and put her hand out. I hesitated but shook her hand.
"Jasmyn, a friend of Daniel's " I said.
"And mine, she's the newest addition to the squad" Gabriela said. I gave her a small smile and looked at Kay. She once again gave me a fake smile before excusing herself and going back to where the boys were playing basketball on the driveway.
"That seemed awkward" Gabriela said with a small laugh.
"It was and she was giving me fake smiles. I don't think she likes me" I explain.
"She doesn't like anyone" someone said causing me to jump and turn around. I saw Jack standing there with a water in his hand. He was dripping sweat and breathing heavy.
"Don't take anything personal with Kay, she only comes around for Zach and to shamelessly flirt with Daniel when Zach isn't looking" he said. He sat next to Gabby and gave her a kiss on the cheek before taking Lavender in his arms. He had the biggest smile on his face when the baby began to giggle.
"We know it's wrong of us to not tell him but he's happy with her. Zach never learns his lesson until it slaps him in the face so anything we say won't have any effect. I doubt they'll last much longer "jack explained.
I felt bad for Zach. All he did was want to love someone but he will just have his heart broke by them. I know the feeling.
"When is the bonfire happening" Gabbie asked Jack.
"This Saturday, around seven p.m."
"Jasmyn, you should come too. It will be a good time to know everyone better and you can meet Christina."
"You should, we've had a few and it gets crazier every time. I know Daniel is probably going to invite you anyways."
I looked at Daniel, he was chugging a his water and was covered in sweat just like the rest of the other boys. His bleach blonde hair sticking to his forehead. He looked extremely attractive.
"Sure I got nothing else to do."