Chapter 8

"So Jasmyn, what can you tell us about your music that you have already put out" she asked. She already looked bored by this. It was obvious she just wanted to get to the drama part. 

"Most of my music is something that I want people to relate to and understand. It isn't something you just put on at a party and mindlessly dance to it. I want whoever is listening to it to feel what I'm saying and understand the work I put into it or what I went through just to have the experience to write the song."

"That is a very nice way of looking at music, and I'm guessing your new music is going to be the same way."

"Yeah it will, there is still a lot to be said so I've been hard at work."

"Do you think you'll be going on tour or doing shows anytime soon?"

"Well I just finished touring earlier this year so I think I just want to be at home for some time before even thinking about going back on tour. Small shows I might consider because I love being on stage but not overdoing it."

"It's understandable to want to be home and just rest. Are you and Thomas both staying home right now?"

"Well I know I am but he's probably with his new girlfriend" I say with no emotion. The interviewer looked shocked by my answer and I could see Amelia behind the camera facepalm herself. 

"You two are no longer together" the interviewer asked.

"No we are not and I can finally say that I feel free. Being with Thomas was toxic and it took a lot for me to walk away from that. He is now allowed to do whatever and whoever he pleases without me holding him down because I know he never felt guilty for it. We broke up a week ago and he has already been seen with three other girls because he knows he doesn't have to hide it anymore."

Amelia was trying not to laugh while the interviewer seemed to not know what to do. She shook herself out of it before continuing. 

"Well at least you get to be happy now and move on to do your own thing. So I am guessing the people from the pictures are friends keeping you company and spirits up."

"In a way yes, one of them I met after breaking up with Thomas. I had ran from him and gotten a bit lost. I bumped into the guy sitting next to me in the picture, I won't say his name for privacy reasons, but after assuring he wasn't a serial killer he helped me get home. He was really nice and so I thought there is no harm in being his friend. One of the other boys lives across the street from me so I met the guys and one of the girls then the rest at that bonfire. I'm explaining it all so people don't get the wrong idea."

"You seem very happy around them so they must be good people"

"They really are and only one of them knew who I was so I know they weren't just talking to me because of who I was."

"Is that something you have to worry about often?"

"Honestly yes, anytime I meet someone it's just a thought that sits in the back of my head. There is a lot of people that just care about the money and fame. They care about what they can get from this, not what price it comes with. That's why it's easy to be around these people because they don't care about any of it. They're happy with the life they live because they have each other."

The interview continued with questions about my music and a few about my personal life but she kept it to a minimum. Once the interview was over, she said a quick goodbye before they took my mic off and said I could leave now. Amelia and I wasted no time when we rushed out the door and down the hall to the elevator. Once we got in and the doors closed, we burst out laughing.

"You just gave them the best scoop of the year" Amelia said as she tried to calm down.

"It was live, this was my only chance of talking about everything without them being able to change it or twist it around."

"Well I can say now that Thomas is going to take a big blow to his public image and wallet after that interview gets around."

"Yeah but now my friends are going to have attention brought to them because of that. Once you look at all the photos, you can see all of their faces."

Amelia didn't get to answer because the elevator had reached the lobby again. My security was once again at the door waiting for me. 

"Your friends will be just fine and so will you, let's just hope people care more about the breakup than your new friends. There isn't anything exciting there so it won't be news for long. It's sad to say but that is just how this stuff works." 

I nod before saying goodbye and walking towards the entrance of the hotel. My security quickly kept the paps back as I ran to my car. I turned on my car and gave it a few seconds before starting the drive back to my house. I just want to lay on my couch and watch Netflix all day.