1. From Where It All Started....

"And that's a six. India qualifies for the World Cup finals."

The statement went unheard as the crowd at Wankhede stadium had already erupted in joy. The players shook hands with each other as they prepared themselves for the presentation ceremony. The Indian tricolor could be seen in almost every corner of the stadium. The spectators hooted and cheered for their favorite players.

The match had been a nail biting one. While chasing the target of 300 runs in 50 overs, Indian team was reduced to 25 runs for 5 wickets. The captain, Sanjeev Arora, along with Rajat Shukla had provided stability to the innings. The captain had played a superb knock and scored an unbeaten 175, finally leading his team to victory.

"I think that 300 was a good total. Our bowlers bowled really well but....Sanjeev played an excellent knock. They were five down for twenty-five but the way he anchored the innings was superb," the Australian captain said, when asked his views about the match. As he left the stage, the crowd erupted into cheers, for the Indian captain climbed up to collect his Player Of The Match trophy.

"Yeah, it was an excellent game. Their bowlers were fantastic. I am glad that I could play them and lead my country to victory. We hope to give our best in the finals too." Sanjeev collected his trophy and the teams departed.

"Sir, the finals are a week later. I hope you don't mind if I go for a drive," Sanjeev asked his coach, Rajveer Verma. Rajveer nodded at him and said, "I think you deserve it after the innings. Come soon." Sanjeev smiled and left with his car.

*************************************

Samaira was giving the final touches to the decor in the house when she heard the sound of Sanjeev's car. While running towards the door, she switched off all the lights so that the surprise wasn't spoiled. It was their anniversary. She welcomed him with a big smile, blindfolded him and took him inside. The mood was pleasant. Jazz music was playing. Wine was there along with some delicious meal. The interior was decorated with some flowers and small chandeliers.

As soon as she opened the blindfold, Sanjeev was shocked because he had forgotten about it. Samaira noticed his facial expressions and asked, "You forgot our anniversary, didn't you?" He stood there muted. "I was preparing for this special day since one month and you forgot our anniversary, how could you?" Samaira was in rage.

"Samaira....babe listen I was stressed with the semi finals because we had to perform our best and because of that I forgot that it was today. I'm sorry honey," said Sanjeev, feeling guilty.

Samaira yelled, "Listen i know that you were in a pressure of performing the best at the match that's why I thought that today we will release your stress by relaxing, drinking wine but.."
Sanjeev was already tired, so he ignored her and went upstairs to take a shower. Meanwhile, his phone rang. Samaira picked it up. Some girl from the other side said, "Tomorrow 10pm at Star Hotel Room number-1209." The call was disconnected.

Samaira got furious and went upstairs, she went into her room and asked Sanjeev about the girl.
He felt like he was stabbed with a knife. "Darling.... listen I...I.. can explain," his voice shaking. She slapped him and started crying. She was mortified. The man, who was the love of her life, was cheating on her. In a trembling manner she said, "Sanjeev I... I never told you to do anything special because I knew that you were busy with the matches. You never have time for me but I remained calm about it..... But this I feel like I was....."

Sanjeev tried to hug her and make her quiet but she screamed and told him to leave the house at this very moment. "Samaira at least let me explain myself please babe... listen to me," he was pleading but she pushed him out and shut the door with a bang.

Samaira couldn't believe that this really happened . She went downstairs and started tearing all the decoration and broke a portrait of her and Sanjeev which she had prepared as a gift.

The house filled with silence after a while. Samaira started drinking the wine on the couch. Her phone was ringing but she didn't pick it up. The notification started popping up. It was Sanjeev apologising but she ignored his texts. After a while she passed out.

*************************************

Sanjeev drove his car back to the hotel. He was filled with fury as well as guilt. He wanted to tell the truth to Samaira but he feared her reaction. He was in two minds. He needed some fresh air. He kept his legs on the breaks and then..........

Hope you all enjoy it.....do vote, comment and share