7. The Confession

In The Car

Apoorva drove the car back to the Headquarters. Salim was sitting on the passenger seat and Abhijeet on the backseat. "Sir," Salim broke the silence, "Use my vision or see my time. What do you think it means?" "I am thinking about the same thing. It must mean something, which Sanjeev thought was easy to figure out. Use my vision? See my time?"

"Why would someone use Sanjeev's vision," Apoorva wondered aloud, "He has a really bad one. I checked his spectacles. His power was really high." Abhijeet stared at Apoorva for a while and then enthused, "That is it. We have to check his spectacles. See my time? Watch! Yes. Use my vision or see my time. Use my spectacles or see my watch. There is something hidden in there."

********************************

Crime branch

The atmosphere was intense and laborious. Abhijeet and Apoorva were constantly looking into the files of the case so that more clues could be found. "Sir we are not able to find more leads in this case. Everything is being pointed towards Aviral," Apoorva said stressfully. "I understand but we have to look for more clues. This case is getting more and more interesting. I like it," Abhijeet said enthusiastically.

In the meantime, Salim came in with Sanjeev's watch and spectacles. "Sir, here are Sanjeev's things." While coming Salim tripped and the specs were broken. All of them gasped. "Sir it's a freaking recording device," Apoorva exclaimed. "Yes! Look here's the SDcard. Let's check what's inside it," Abhijeet picked up the memory card and attatched it to his computer.

Cricket Board room

The board members were in a meeting along with Sanjeev and Aviral."Okay so I think we should now focus on the Under-19 players more as the World Cup is approaching and we have to win no matter what," Mr Rajesh Sharma, one of the members, declared.

Everybody present nodded their heads in favour. "Sanjeev can guide and motivate them so that the boys won't be nervous," he added. A few more details regarding the match, strengths and weakness of players were discussed. After a while they all left the room.

Abhijeet paused the video, "See, they decided that Sanjeev will guide the Under-19 players. They didn't even consider that Aviral could also do it. Due to this and the previous incidents, he might have taken revenge by killing Sanjeev." "Sir, let's not jump to the conclusions like that. We still have to watch the video," Apoorva said.

The video is played again. After around 30 minutes Mr Sanjoy Ghosh and Mr Uday Shetty enter the room.

"Nice to meet you again Mr Ghosh."
"Same here Mr Shetty."

Both of them shook their hands firmly. They settled down and took out some papers. "I can't believe that they were so determined about the match," Mr Shetty laughed. "Seriously, I thought that Rajesh will himself play the match with the boys," Mr. Ghosh joined him."These innocent people don't know that our victory is confirmed. All of them were so determined that they even decided that Sanjeev will guide the team despite the fact that he was already busy with his own game," he added.

Uday directed him to lower his voice. "Oh yeah right! Sorry, I was being excited," Mr Ghosh apologized. "Listen, we have to be very careful so that no one would get a hint about the fixing," Uday whispered. Sanjoy nodded.

Uday called someone, "Hello, am I talking to Mr Khan? Yes Sir everything is finalised but there's a problem the other party wants more money. Okay, don't worry I will tell them." " What happened?" a curious Sanjoy asked. "Well the other party involved wants more money than decided but Mr. Khan said that deal will be cancelled if they ask for more money," Uday answered.