6. Use My Vision Or See My Time

Crime branch
"What?", Abhijeet exclaimed. "Yes he bribed me so that I can kill Sanjeev," Chris said. "Did he tell you the reason?" " No, we actually contacted through phone I did the work and he transferred the money," Chris declared. Abhijeet wasn't surprised as he was already sure that Aviral has killed Sanjeev. "Okay, so do you have any more information regarding Aviral and his plan or anything regarding him." "To be honest I don't know how he got my number. One day he suddenly contacted me, told about who he was, etc.. and we secured the deal. That's it," Chris answered.

Abhijeet left the investigation room. The team members on the other side of the room were shocked to hear Chris's confession. "I was sure that Aviral has killed Sanjeev and now it's proved," Abhijeet bragged. "But sir, don't you think that everything is easily pointing towards Aviral. I meant to say that why would someone kill a person who is his senior, colleague and was living a perfect life," Apoorva argued. "Apoorva, you still need more experience. These days people are not satisfied with what they have. Other's success makes them jealous very easily," Abhijeet commented. "Sir, so you mean to say that Aviral was jealous of Sanjeev's success and he just killed him." "Of course, we just need to dig out the truth."

In the meanwhile, Salim brought in Aviral. "Why have you dragged me here?" Aviral yelled. Abhijeet approached him and stared into his eyes fiercely. "Listen, stop yelling at our officer. All right? And come with me I have to interrogate you."They both went to the interrogation room. "While we were investigating, all the evidences we found have pointed towards you which proved that you have murdered Sanjeev." " What are you saying? I didn't kill him," Aviral argued. 

"We have strong evidences that you have killed him," Apoorva comes in with a file. It contained all the photos and details which directed towards the fact that Aviral had killed Sanjeev. "Wait,who's Chris?" Aviral asked. "Aviral, stop lying all right. You are already under the suspicion over the fact about Sanjeev's murder and you are saying that you don't know Chris," Abhijeet yelled. He was annoyed.

"Sir, I am telling the truth. I don't know Chris. I am seeing his photo for the first time," Aviral begged. Abhijeet slammed the table and said, "This person has given the statement that you have given him five lakh rupees to kill Sanjeev and you are saying you don't him. Are you freaking out of your mind?" "Sir, please trust me. I really don't know him. And why would I kill Sanjeev? He didn't cause me any harm." " Huh!.. Don't you remember that party where you were brutally insulted," Abhijeet smirked. "I distinctly remember it but that does not mean that I will kill him. In fact I have moved on. I now don't even care about Sanjeev," Aviral said. "Okay we will see about it but you are under investigation so you can't leave anywhere," Abhijeet ordered.

"Sir I think he is telling the truth. If he would have bribed Chris then there will be some proof or Aviral would have hesitated while denying the fact," Apoorva stated. " You are right Apoorva but as you can see that we are having evidences that show Aviral has killed Sanjeev," Abhijeet said, "We have to see both the ways. Let's consider this also, which means more meticulous investigation is needed," Abhijeet said.

***********************************

"Is the team practicing for the finals?" asked Uday Shetty. He was sitting with his friend and colleague, Mr Sanjoy Ghosh. They were sitting together in Mr Ghosh's house. "The team is practicing but their morale is quite low. With the captain dead and vice captain accused of murder, there is no enthusiasm left in them," Mr Ghosh stated. "I heard that police have found some solid evidences against Aviral. If he is convicted, we need a new captain for the team and two replacements," Mr Shetty commented.

"This Sanjeev spoiled everything," Sanjoy Ghosh lamented.

***********************************

City Hospital

The three officers, Abhijeet, Apoorva and Salim, hurried towards Hetal Mehta's ward. She had regained consciousness and had immediately asked for the officers in charge of Sanjeev's case. The officers had rushed to the hospital as soon as they knew.

Abhijeet and Apoorva entered the room while Salim stopped to talk to the Officer who was investigating Hetal's accident. The officers looked at Hetal lying on the bed. She looked weak but okay. She smiled weakly at the officers. "You wanted to talk to us, Miss Mehta?" Abhijeet asked. Hetal nodded and questioned, "Have you found Sanjeev's killer?" "We have found some evidences," Apoorva said, "Do you know something?" Hetal nodded.

"Sanjeev is distantly related to me. He had called me two days prior to his death. He sounded tensed. He told me that he had some information which he wanted to share with me. I was in Bhopal. I suggested him to talk to one of my colleagues if it was urgent. He insisted on talking to me only. On the night of the blast, I had called him around half past two in the morning to meet me the next day." The officers processed the new information.

"Next day, as soon as I heard about Sanjeev's murder, I rushed to meet you guys but the accident. Officers, I think Sanjeev was killed because of that information. I was in a hurry to reach you. The truck appeared out of nowhere and just rammed into my car," Hetal completed her story.

"The truck did not appear out of nowhere," Salim entered the room, "It was waiting for you. The plan was to kill you, I guess. The officers have caught the man, Shankar. He is a great friend of the bomb fellow, Chris." "Who paid him for the job?" Apoorva asked. "Same person," Salim told.

Abhijeet looked at two officers. Everything pointed towards Aviral and it pointed so quickly that it looked suspicious. He looked at Hetal. "Did Sanjeev tell you anything significant? What did he want to share? About whom? Anything?" Hetal shook her head, "He said that it was too risky talking over phone. But yes, he had said that if in case anything happened to him, I should use his vision or see his time."

"Use his vision or see his time? Now what does that mean?" asked Salim.