Lunch

Damian

Grayson is usually busy with work all day and I prepare lunch for him before he leaves in the morning .

But today he's stopping for lunch before heading to the study for more work .

It was about noon and I was expecting Grayson to return from this mornings back to back meetings .

I had already checked on lunch preparations and made sure everything was running smoothly when I heard the front door open .

Knowing he was home I went to inform Grayson about his lunch .

A maid bowed and took his bag, proceeding to take it to Grayson's study .

"Grayson," I waited for his attention before speaking farther ."Your lunch is ready in the dining room if you'd like ."

"Of course sugar horn ." He gave his usual smile .

I resisted the temptation of telling him off for calling me another one of his imbecilic nicknames .

"Very well ." I simply said before moving towards the kitchen to serve him lunch .

He followed behind and sat down as I brought his meal to the table .

"So what's for lunch today ?"

"Sausage, greens and bean pasta ." I answered, sitting the plate in front of him .

"Enjoy ." I said before walking away .

"Hold on," Grayson grabbed my hand. "I need to talk to you about something ."

"Yes ?" I waited for him to continue .

"Babs and Steph told me how early you get up every day ." Grayson's tone was attentive, almost like he was handling a important business meeting .

"And ?" I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms .

"Well your still a growing boy and you need your rest like everyone else your age ." I was beginning to get annoyed with Grayson beating around the bush .

"Get to the point Grayson, I must attend to something in the other wing ." I demand.

"Alright," Grayson sighed . "I think putting you in charge was a bad idea ."

I glared at him for his idiocy . "What ?"

"I think -"

"No, I heard you . I mean what made you come to that dumbass conclusion ?"

"Damian, you shouldn't be up and working at 4 in the morning, the sun's not even up ."

"Tt, I don't have time for your nonsense ." I start walking away only for Grayson to grab me again .

Oh how I want to rip his limbs off with my vectors right now .

"Damian this is about your health, it's not nonsense ." I was about to tell him off when my stomach growled, which seemed to distract him and I took the opportunity to slip out of his grib .

"Have you eaten yet ?" He asked, sounding concerned .

"Does it matter ?" I glared at him, speaking in a harsh tone .

"Yes, I'm your mate and your health is extremely important to me ."

This persistent son of a bitch ! I calmed myself before speaking .

"No, I have not ." I began to leave . "Now I must go check on something in the other wing so I shall leave you to your meal ."

"Damian ."

"Yes ?" I stopped in place and look back at him .

"You need to eat," Grayson's tone was stern and expression serious . "Your small and thin enough as it is ."

"Grayson ." I clicked my tongue in annoyance . "I don't need you telling me how to schedule my life, I know how to take care of myself ."

"I'm just concerned for my-"

"Stop ! I am not your mate, I don't need you or anyone !" I interrupted him turning on my heel .

"Damian, like it or not I am your soul mate and you are a kid that needs to be cared for ."

"I was perfectly fine by myself and don't need anyone doting on me like I'm a fucking child ! I've lived on the streets my entire life, I been through shit adults couldn't even deal with and you still think I need someone to take care of me ! I've taken care of myself for 14 years so stop acting like I'm a normal child, cuz I'm not !"

I was so annoyed, I'm sure a vein was popping out of my forehead .

Grayson look sadly at me, he's eyes showed pity and I click my tongue again .

I hate pity, I don't need it .

"Now if you need me I'll be in the East wing ." I walk away again .

"Damian ." I ignored him this time and leave for my work .

Dick

That could have gone better . I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed .

We're soul mates yet he rejects me at every turn, rather it be hugging, showing affection or even caring about his health . I can't even say mate without earning a glare, I mean it's a cute glare but it still hurts .

"What should I do ?" I mumble under my breath .

I closed my eyes and got lost in my thoughts, trying to find an answer to my question .

A smirk soon formed on my lip with an idea in mind for my unexpecting mate .

End

HEY THERE LOVELYS THANKS FOR READING 😸