Girl meets Welcome back to New York

I sat in my apartment painting when I hear a knock on the door. I quickly ran over to open the door.

"Letter for Maya Penelope Hunter." The mailman said, holding a letter out to me.

"Thank you, sir. Stay warm." I say knowing how cold it was in December.

I opened the letter, noticing the hand writing.

Dear Maya,

The Matthews would like to invite you to our annual Christmas party in New York. On December 22nd...

Hope you can join us this year,

Corey and Topanga Matthews

I hadn't been to New York in 10 years, Riley and I would text from time to time, but our friendship had started to fall apart a little, but I had to go to New York anyway to go see my parents, so It wasn't a giant plan change and my parents were probably going anyway knowing Cory and Shawn. It was 3 days away, so I decided to pack up now and leave for New York.

It took 8 hours by plane and subway to get to New York, The train suddenly jerked to a stop, waking me up from a small nap. I got off the train, seeing my parents waiting for her.

"Hey, Baby, girl!" Mom says, as she held her hands out in a hug.

"Hey, mom," I say, returning the hug.

"Shawn," I add, an extra smile on my face

"Hey kiddo, where do you want to go first?" Shawn asks, taking both our hands as we jumped into the crazy weather of New York City.

"Bay window." I say, arriving at the Matthew.

I buzz the button, hearing Riley's voice.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"Maya!" 

"MAYA!" Riley cheers pushing the button.

I quickly run up the steps and opens Riley's door.

"BAY WINDOW. BAY WINDOW, RIGHT NOW." I say leaving my parents in the living room of the Matthew's house.

Riley followed me, sitting in the bay window.

"What's going on Maya?" Riley asked, wanting to know everything.

"Well... Soho's awesome, and I have this really cool apartment. I make enough money to survive with the apartment I have." I say

"What's so big about your apartment?" Riley asks.

"I had to make sure it had a bay window." I say.

"Oh." Riley said smiling.

"So who else is coming to the New york Matthews party?"  I quietly whisper.

"Ummm... My grandparents, Auggie and Ava, Farkle, Lucas and Zay, and ummm... I guess nobody else." Riley lied.

"He's coming, isn't he?" I ask.

"Yeah, he kinda has too." Riley says, knowing exactly who we were talking about.

"Yeah, I guess." I say

"Come on Maya, you have to talk to him eventually, it's been 10 years." Riley begged.

Suddenly the window opened.

"Ladies!" we heard from behind us.

"Farkle." We say laughing.

"So, did you guys plan this ambush?" Riley says.

"No, just a coincidence." I say, watching the three of us sit in the bay window.

Then Riley's door opened.

"What are you doing here. Is it Saturday Topanga? No. Then why are you here? And why were they sitting on my couch?" Cory blurts entering the room with Topanga, and my parents, sarcastically talking to me.

"I was just visiting Mr. Matthews," I say, giving him a hug.

"Come on Maya, let's go. We have to get you unpacked." Shawn says leading me out of Rory's room.

"Bye guys," I heard Riley say as Cory and Shawn hugged goodbye.

~

It was now Saturday, I slowly brushed my hair and put in a ponytail before putting a black dress on and the leather jacket that used to be Shawn's.

"You look beautiful." Shawn said, as I stepped out.

"Thank you, Dad." I said.

We left for the Mattews, around noon. As I walked in, I saw Farkle and Auggie were already there. As I sat on the couch, I saw Topanga lean over the stove, tired.

"You need help there, Mrs. Matthews?" I asked.

"I actually could, Maya. Can you get the potatoes out of the cabinet over there." Topanga asked.

"Sure." I said.

I quickly grabbed the potatoes when I heard the door open.

"Family, what's going on?" I heard him say.

I quickly turned around

"Josh?" I asked.

"Maya?" He asked

"You two, bay window, bay window right now." I heard Riley yell.

We just stared at each other, none of us wanting to move.