Girl meets what happened

Dear readers- this is a flashback chapter to what occurred 10 years ago,

"You leave here Kings in 2 weeks? What are you going to do about it?" Matthews asked our history class.

"I once talked about your Legacies, and now I will talk about it again. But this is not a legacy for them, they will be fine. They have teachers." He said, pointing out the door.

"So what other legacy to we have, Mr. Matthews?" Lucas asked.

"Good question, Mr. Friar. You got in to Sul Ross State University. Am I correct, Mr. Frier?" He asked

"That's true, Mr. Matthews, but what does that have to do with legacy?" Lucas asked

"It has everything to do with YOUR legacy! Most kids sitting in this room are not staying in New York. They are going somewhere, and when you leave a place you want, to have a personal legacy. Please don't be another forgotten person that lived in New York. Do something spontaneous, face a problem. Do something you want to do. Thank you, Class dismissed." Matthews said before letting us leave.

"Do you guys want to go to the coffee shop for ice cream?" Zay asked.

"Sure, but I'll meet you guys there. I have to do something first." I said.

"Peaches, are you okay?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I said, leaving out the door.

I soon reached an apartment door  I quickly knocked. Then he came to the door, and opened it.

"Maya?" He asked.

"Hi Josh. We need to talk." I said

We talked for hours before I finally started to talk about what I went there for.

"Josh, why haven't I seen you in 3 years. Why did you leave?" I asked, tears starting.

"Maya, I could not be around you, and continue to play the long game, I didn't want to wait, so I disappeared for a bit. Because the truth is Maya Hunter, I'm in love with you." He said

I couldn't feel my legs, and suddenly he kissed me. Everything seemed perfect. So I took out my letter and I handed it to him.

"Maya, what is this?" He asked.

"Just rip it up, I'm done. I got what I wanted." I said, holding his hand.

Josh completely disobeyed my request and opened it.

"Why, would you want to rip this up?" Josh asked.

"I told you. For us, this is more important than some school." I said

"MAYA! This is one of the biggest art schools in America, you can't give this up!" He said

"But us?" I asked.

"We'll figure it out, we can come back later." He said, holding my hands.

"I don't want to wait. We're here, we're ready. We can live in New york, we can live in Philly, as long as I'm with you, who cares." I said, setting my head on his chest.

"Maya, you need to go, maybe this is the way of the world telling us to find new people." Josh said, grabbing Maya's hand and leading her to the door.

"Josh, don't do this! Don't close that door!" I begged.

"Maya you need to go." Josh said.

"Please don't close the door!" I begged once more.

"Why, Maya?" Josh asked, hurt.

"Because I'm so sick of doors closing for me, because if you close that door, I know it's really over." I said, pleading with Josh one more time.

"I'm Sorry, Maya. I have to close this door, or you will close the one to your future." Josh said, tears starting to fall from his eyes.

The door then closed. 

I fell to the ground and sobbed covered in tears. I knew there was only one person I could call.

"Farkle? Can you please, come pick me up?" I sobbed through the phone.

"Oh course Maya. I would do anything for you, but may I ask one question?" Farkle said through the phone.

"Yeah."

"Why aren't you calling Riley?"

"She has a great relationship with... with... I just can't do that to her." I continued to sob.

That day, Farkle didn't found out who the guy was, he just took me home, to my family, and my best friend.