Girl meets I still have hope

"What's up, Matthews. I need some food! What you got?" I say, sitting at the table.

"Well, good morning to you too, Maya." Topanga says, setting a pancake on a plate, and handing it to me.

"Sorry, I've been up since 5. I have a lot to do today." I say, cutting the pancake in half and giving the other halfback.

"What's wrong with you?" August asks, Looking at me.

"Oh, the time difference is about 5 hours back in London, and the portions are a lot different."  I say, answering his questions.

"Oh," He said, perfectly fine with my response. Suddenly Ava walks in.

"August, what are you doing? We still have to go Christmas shopping for my mom. I need you to drive me." Ava says, coming in with her cell phone, practically glued to her hand.

"Yes, Honey. We have to go, see you guys tonight?" Auggie says, leaving with Ava.

Riley and I finished breakfast before going back into her room. I went to sit on Riley's bed before she stopped me.

"Maya, don't sit there!" She says, slightly yelling.

"Why, Riley?" I ask.

Suddenly the window was open and Farkle came in, obviously not seeing me.

"Riley, we need to talk about last night." He says.

"Last night?" I ask.

Farkle suddenly notices me, Riley starting to freak.

"Umm... nothing," Farkle lies.

"Farkle?" I ask.

"Fine, you broke me.  I kinda stayed here last night, Riley and I kissed and it just wasn't on the hand. I came here, to see how she felt, because honestly Maya, I really like Riley and we REALLY need to talk about stuff." He said,  flapping down on the bay window.

"You what?" I ask,

"We kinda..." Riley started.

"RILEY!" I say, flabbergasted.

"We just kissed! But I think it makes sense." She says, grabbing Farkle's hands.

"You think... you liked it?" Farkle asks.

"Yeah.", she says, looking at me for a comforting friend.

"I'm so happy for you two." I say, slightly hurt.

"Maya, what's wrong?" Farkle asks me.

"I just don't know what to do? This was not the future I imagined." I say, starting to play with my thumbs.

Suddenly Mr. Matthews walked into the room.

" Sometimes to know your future, you have to look at your past." He says.

"Past? The time capsule. It's been 15 years, we have to go open it!" She says, jumping up from the bay window.

"We can't do it now, it's freezing out there. There's like 9 inches of snow coming." I say, not wanting to open up past wounds.

"We both know where it is, so let's go get it." Riley says, grabbing me and Farkle's hands and dragging us to a near bye hotel.

We buzzed a couple times, before a very sleepy Ranger Rick answered the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asks, obviously, just woken up.

"You can't leave yet." Riley says, that same look of determination she has always had, splashed over her face, like a beautiful new piece of art.