Chapter 11: Even When We're Not Together

2014

A few hours before the start of Raw, Seth had attended a creative meeting with Roman and Hunter. Immediately after the meeting, Seth found Jon in catering flirting with Renee.

"I need to talk to you." Seth told him.

Jon looked up frm his seat at Seth.

"Now." Seth said.

Jon let out a sigh before getting up and followed Seth away.

"Hunter just told me about tonight. Was this your idea, splitting up The Shield?" Seth asked as they made their way into a stairway.

Jon didn't say anything.

"You have barely spoken to me in months Jon and now you just come up with this out of thin air? I thought we agreed that our careers would always come first?" Seth asked.

"Yeah, we did.. And unfortunately working the man that broke my fucking heart is a little complicated for me so I'm sorry for not wanting to pretend to be your best friend every night, Seth." Jon said.

"You never even gave me a chance to explain things.."  Seth told him.

"You're a liar, Seth. What else is there to explain?" Jon asked as he headed for the door.

"I still love you." Seth told him.

Jon opened the door and hesitated for a moment before walking away. Seth leaned against the wall and broke out in tears.

A few weeks later, Jon was out on a double date with his girlfriend Renee and their friends, Brie and Bryan.

"Oh my goodness!" Brie shouted as she looked down at her phone. "Seth got engaged?" Brie asked.

Jon looked across the table at her almost in shock as his stomach dropped.

"What? To Leah?" Renee asked.

"Yeah, that is the cutest thing ever." Brie said.

Jon took a big sip of his beer.

"I have to use the restroom." Jon said as he rushed away.

Brie, Bryan and Renee continued their conversation as Jon snuck outside. He pulled out his phone and called Seth.

"Jon?" Seth asked as he answered the phone.

Jon hesitated to speak as a silence filled the air.

"You're marrying her?" Jon asked.

Now Seth was silent.

"I thought this is what you wanted?" Seth asked.

"I still love you." Jon said with a crack in his voice.

"What are you doing, Jon.. You're with Renee now, you're happy." Seth told him.

Jon looked down and took a deep breath.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.. You've got me all messed up. Just don't marry her." Jon pleaded with him

"Have you been drinking?" Seth asked.

"I miss you." Jon said with caution:

Seth was silent as he tried to comprehend what was happening. That's when Renee walked outside.