Chapter 5: Crazy Love

Indianapolis, Indiana

Jon had made his way back to the locker room after his match with Darby Allen.

"Hey Mox, we're all going for drinks after if you want to come." Matt Jackson told him as he walked passed him.

"Thanks, man." Jon said.

After Matt left, it was just Jon and Kenny in the locker room. Jon glanced over as Kenny let out a sigh.

"Everything okay?" Jon asked as he dumped a bottle of water on himself.

"Yeah, it's all good." Kenny assured him.

Jon now opened another bottle of water and took a sip. He hesitated for a moment before speaking up again.

"Hey, can I uh.. Can I ask you something?" Jon said as he looked around.

"Sure." Kenny said.

Jon walked over and sat down on the bench across from Kenny.

"You and Ibushi.. what's the deal there?" Jon asked quietly.

Kenny looked up at him curiously for a moment.

"Are you trying to ask me out?" Kenny asked.

"What? No, of course not." JOn snapped back.

"Because if I'm being honest I did pick up a bit of a gay vibe when we first met." Kenny told him.

Jon stared at him for a moment, partly in confusion and partly in humiliation.

"The fuck is a gay vibe?" Jon asked.

Kenny let out a small laugh to himself.

"Kota and I had a thing if that is what you're asking." Kenny said.

"What happened? I mean I'm assuming it didn't work out since he was with that other dude when I was in Japan." Jon told him.

Kenny froze for a moment.

"He wasn't going to leave New Japan.. not even for me. We just wanted different things, I guess." Kenny said unfortunately.

"So it didn't work out because he won't leave Japan or because you signed with AEW?" Jon asked.

"Does it matter?" Kenny asked.

"Do you think things would have worked out if you'd stayed in Japan?" Jon asked.

"You know I think this is the most I've ever heard you talk, Mox. What's all of this about?" Kenny asked.

"I'm just curious, that's all." Jon said.

Kenny watched Jon for a moment, recognizing the look in his eyes.

"Despite whatever happened between Kota and I.. Love is always worth fighting for." Kenny said before getting up and walking off.

A little over an hour later, Jon arrived back at his hotel. He made his way up to his room and slipped in his key card. As he walked inside, he saw Seth sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black sweatpants with his hair back in a bun. Jon let out a half smile as his eyes softened.

"You're fucking crazy for coming here, you know that?" Jon asked.

"I came in wearing a ball cap and sunglasses. Not to mention the fact that I had to pay the lady at the front desk a hundred bucks to pretend she didn't see me." Seth told him.

Jon laughed to himself and put his bags down. Seth admired his black Mox hoodie as he sat down on the bed.

"I caught your match on the ride from the airport." Seth said.