Chapter 14: Game Changer

Monday after Raw, all the girls went out to a club in Miami. Alexa and Nia walked in as the song, "Do You Love Me Now" by Kodie Shane played.

  Do you love me (uh)
Do you love me now
(Damn this beat so hard)
Let's go all in, okay

Walkin' on a cloud

My girl like Penny Proud
She wanna make me proud

The minute Alexa made her way through the crowd she saw Sasha on the dance floor with another girl.

She say do you love me now, yaah, ayy
Do you love me now, yaah, ayy

Lana, Liv and the other girls were cheering Sasha on as she made out with a stranger.

Now I'm in my zone (ayy)
Step into my zone (yaah)
Let me feel your energy
[?] don't be no enemy
Do you love me now, yaah, ayy

Alexa was standing there practically frozen as Nia greeted the other girls.

Do you love me now yaah ayy, yaaah...

Bayley seemed to be rather irritated by Sasha's actions.

Do you love me now like
What I got to do like
What I got to prove like
What we got to lose like
Just go make ya move like

When Sasha saw Alexa out of the corner of her eye she stopped making out with the girl.

Make ya move right

Sasha stepped back and looked at Alexa from across the dance floor.

Maybe if I get a girl like Penny she'll do right
Sometimes I think about you
Do you think about me to

Later that night, all the girls left together. Everyone was drunk except for Bayley, Sasha and Alexa. Bayley was walking in front of everyone while Sasha and Alexa walked in the back. Sasha could barely walk in her heels so Alexa her arm around her and helped her.

"Hey.. Aren't we supposed to be pretending like we hate each other?" Sasha asked.

"I think everyone's too drunk to notice us right now." Alexa told her.

Sasha looked over at Alexa and smiled.

"I'm sorry." Sasha told her.

"It's okay, Sasha.. You can dance and make out with whoever you want. It's none of my business anymore." Alexa said.

Sasha let out a small laugh.

"I wasn't talking about that, Lex.." Sasha said a little more serious.

Alexa looked up at Sasha with loving eyes.

"I'm sorry for pretending like I never needed you." Sasha apologized.

The two girls stopped and looked into each other's eyes for a moment, remembering their past and everything they'd been through together.

"You don't have to apologize, Sasha." Alexa told her.

"Yes I do.. You're the one person that has always seen me for who I really am and I pushed you away." Sasha said.

"And I turned you down when you were finally ready to let me in so I think we're even." Alexa told her.

Sasha let out a slight smile to Alexa just as Bayley looked back at them. No one else seemed to even notice what was happening but Bayley saw it clear as day.

Chicago, Illinois

Aj had just poured herself a glass of wine and sat down in the chair by the window overlooking the city. It was raining and she was alone. Phil hadn't been home since he left last week. She checked her phone to see if he'd texted her but instead she had an incoming phone call from Cody. She hesitated to answer but after a few seconds she did.

"What do you want?" Aj asked.

"It's not about him anymore." Cody told her over the phone.

"What?" Aj asked.

"You signing with us. It's not about Punk anymore, hell it never should have been. You are this strong and independent woman that has been through way too much in life to let an opportunity like this pass her by." Cody said.

"Cody.." Aj began to say.

"You've been lying when people ask why you haven't come back to WWE. Our doctors that tested you the other day didn't find any injuries, Aj. You didn't retire because you had to. You retired because of him." Cody told her.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Aj said defensively.

"Look I get why you left.. I can't be easy having everything you worked for your entire life go to hell just because of who your husband is. It's sexist and it's not fair at all. You have so much potential, Aj. Sign with us and let's show the world that you're more than who you're married to." Cody tried to convince her.

Aj took a deep breath and thought over everything Cody was saying. This was probably one of the toughest decisions she'd have to make but she knew what she had to do.

Charlotte, North Carolina

Wednesday night on AEW Dynamite it was Jon Moxley vs Kip Sabian with Penelope Ford at ringside. Seth had been watching from home, thankful that this match didn't have some violent stipulation. The match was about twenty minutes in when Sabian had distracted the referee by trying to untie the turnbuckle.

"What the hell?" JR could be heard asking over commentary.

With the Ref distracted, Penelope crawled up to the top rope and hit Moxley with a hurricarana. With Moxley down, Sabian went for the pin as Penelope took in the boos of the crowd. That's when the lights went out.

"I don't know what's going on. It looks like we're having some issues with the lights." JR tried to say.

A silence filled the crowd as everyone waited in anticipation. The lights came back on to reveal someone standing behind Penelope with a black hood covering their head. The crowd cheered in excitement, not knowing who it was. Penelope turned around as the small brunette removed the hood.

"Oh my god!" Excalibur exclaimed.

"It's Aj Lee!" JR yelled.

Seth jumped up from his couch in disbelief as the crowd erupted. Aj had revealed a barbed wire baseball bat she'd had behind her back. She hit Penelope over the head, sticking a few pieces of the barbed wire to her scalp as she fell to the ground. As Kip tried to check on Penelope, Moxley hit him with the Paradigm Shift. The crowd counted to three with the ref as Aj stood in the corner with a sinister look in her eye. Aj finally grabbed Jon's hand and raised it high as the crowd chanted her name.

"Aj! Aj! Aj!"