Chapter 9: Just Friends?

2012

"How many times do I have to tell you that I am not fucking gay?" Jon asked as Seth followed him out of the bedroom.

"I think taking dick is the exact definition of being gay." Seth told him.

"This is all just for fun, I thought you understood that?" Jon asked him.

"We've been hooking up for almost a year now, Jon! After all this time has nothing really changed?" Seth asked.

"Nope." Jon said stubbornly.

Seth looked at him from across the living room with an ache in his heart.

"What about all the nights we've spent together? All the times we've stayed up talking? All the things we've told each other?" Seth asked.

"It's just sex.. That's all." Jon insisted.

"You're lying." Seth said with tears in his eyes.

"I told you I'm not gay!" Jon yelled at him.

Seth just stared at Jon, not believing what he was hearing.

"I'm in l-." Seth began to say before Jon stopped him.

"Don't say it. I'll never talk to you again if you say it." Jon told him as he tried to keep himself together.

"Friends with benefits.. That's all this was? Is that what you're saying?" Seth asked.

Jon looked across the room at Seth, hating that he was crying.

"It's over now so it doesn't really matter." Jon said as he looked down at the ground.

"It's over?" Seth asked painful.

Jon was fighting back tears himself as he hesitated to continue.

"Yeah.. We're done, Seth. Get out." Jon told him.

Tears began streaming down Seth's face as Jon looked back up at him. Seth just turned around and stormed out of the apartment. The minute Seth was gone, Jon punched a whole through the wall and fell down to the floor in tears. He ran his fingers through his hair and stared blankly at the floor as a heaviness filled his chest.

It was only a few days later that Triple H had visited FCW to talk a few of the guys. Roman Reigns was already sitting in William's office when Seth walked in.

"Hello, sir. It's nice to see you again." Seth said as he and Hunter shook hands.

"Have a seat, Seth." Hunter told him.

Seth and Roman gave each other a friendly nod before Jon walked into the room.

"What's going on?" Jon asked.

Seth looked back at Jon as he felt a sudden ache in his heart.

"It appears that a main roster opportunity has presented itself for the three of you." Hunter began.

That weekend at Survivor Series, The Shield was literally only moments away from making their debut when Jon pulled Seth aside.

"What do you want?" Seth asked as he tried to avoid eye contact with him.

"We're about to make our dreams come true, man. We gotta put all that shit that happened in FCW behind us, okay?"Jon told him.

Seth finally looked into Jon's eyes but that ache in his heart was still there.