Early

Tev stayed up the rest of the night. All he did was stay in the living room with the lights on. He twitched his arm every minute and ever so quietly whispered "One more day" over and over again. The sun creeped up from the city buildings, hitting Tev's face. A picture of Tev and Echo was torn up. Showing the last memories they had together, when they were happy. Tev's thoughts took over him. He couldn't stop thinking of what he said three days ago. He can't kill them. He will never.

Would he?

Tev covered his ears to get the bad thoughts out of his mind. Until he heard someone opening the door. Tev turned around to see who was going to open the door. The door opened and the blinding sun greeted him. His heart stopped as he saw the small figure closing the door. The blue haired anthro gave Tev a warming smile as they walked closer to him. Tev got up and tried to walk away from the monster that he used to call a date mate. "Tev are you okay, you seem a little skittish", said Echo drooping their fins. Tev pressed his back towards the wall. Echo got him pinned and he had no were to go. "Tev?" Echo said with a worried tone in their voice. "You're early... Why are you early", stuttered Tev. Echo tilted their head to the side, they were confused by the weird answer. "Tev you were not answering any of my calls, i was getting worried, so i decided to come back early", said Echo. Tev did not have the guts to tell Echo that he deleted their phone number. He did not want to talk to them. Echo touched Tev's arm to reassure him that he didn't have to be afraid. Tev slid down the wall and covered his face with his hands. He was crying. Echo was very confused but understanding. They left Tev alone thinking that he will be okay later, but Echo doesn't know what they have gotten themselves into.