Love - Ladynoir

Ladybug stared at the half-eaten macaroon on her plate. Not that she didn't like the macaroons that she made that morning, but she just wasn't feeling like herself.

She looked up and saw her parents serving purely white macaroons while talking to Chat Noir of all people. She slightly chuckled at that, remembering that awful breakfast date. A room full of adults danced and talked inside this unnecessarily huge ballroom in their expensive clothing. Ladybug looked down at her cheap polka dot dress, and Chat's 50 dollar black tuxedo suit. They were just kids.

Her parents thought she was at home, sleeping peacefully on a school night. Luka thought she wasn't feeling well, and when he offered to take care of her she had to say no. She dug her face into her hands. When Gamer had attacked she was afraid that being Ladybug would one day completely take over her life. And it had. There was never a day in her life where she could just be Marinette. A day where she didn't have to fight Hawkmoth or go to stupid charity balls just to be polite. She was constantly treated like an adult and it wasn't fair. She felt herself about to cry until she heard his voice.

"Hey."

She looked up. Chat was standing over her. His smile was warm and his eyebrows were softened. She smiled and looked back down at her shoes.

He kneeled down, "You okay?"

"Yeah."

He gave her a knowing look.

"Oh my god, just let me wallow in self-pity until this thing is over."

He snickered, "You know damn well I'm not gonna let you do that."

She rolled her eyes, "Of course you won't."

"Well," He stood up and held his hand out to her, "May I?"

She looked at his hand then at his face. He was smirking as usual, and she couldn't help but smile. She was shocked that he was even offering to dance with her, old Chat would've done this but new Chat definitely wouldn't. He had stopped the romantic gestures a long time ago and Ladybug assumed he had moved on to someone else.

But this wasn't a romantic gesture. This was pity. Ladybug frowned and turned away.

"I'm not leaving until you take my hand."

"I don't want your pity."

"What if it's not pity? What if it's just me wanting to dance with my best friend?"

She sighed. Pity or not, he was her best friend and she missed him. She looked back at him, "Fine."

She took his hand.

He swept her up and took her to the dance floor, she was caught a bit off guard but she went with it. He took her hand and put his arm around her waist. She blushed, seemingly for no reason, and became stiff. But she still put her hand on his shoulder and began to sway. Her movements were stiff and awkward, and she wouldn't look at him. Him seeing the red in her cheeks would be embarrassing.

"You alright?" He asked.

"I'm just a bit... nervous."

"Is it my dashing good looks?" He asked smirking.

She eased up a bit, "You're such a dork."

He laughed which instantly made her feel more comfortable. This was Chat Noir. Not Adrien, not Luka. Just her best friend.

Her dancing was still choppy, but only because she didn't know how to dance. She was shocked at how comfortable he was holding her, swaying around like he'd done this a million times.