Chapter nine

"Thats really what he said? In front of the whole class?", Joanne asked. I laughed. "Yessir. Exactly like that." I took a bite of my burger. The mood had been boosted since we got to the nearest Mc'Donalds to eat a bit. It didnt stay a bit. "C'mon now, Alex. Hurry up!" I finished my food and drank the last little drop of my coffee. "I aint sleeping tonight. That was a lot of coffee." "We'll see." Joanne said, "You are unpredictable." We payed and made our way back home.

~~~~~TimeTravel~~~~~

"Watcha doing for summer, Alex?" I looked into her eyes. Deep brown. Fuck, the caffeine began to show symptoms. "I dont really have a plan yet. My parents will be going on a trip their own. I guess I'll binge watch Netflix." Joanne laughed. "Imagine that would be the only thing to do. Like, Alex, you arent stuck at home during a pandemic or something like that." "Oh really. What else should I do. You're probably going to Croatia again, arent ya? I wont have anybody to do stuff with." I answered her. She looked at me. "What?" I asked. "Well..." She looked suspicious. "Maybe, just maybe..." "Joanne, ma'am, spit it out!" I forced her. "... I'll stay home this summer!" I was shocked. Joanne never missed a trip to her Grandparents. "Nice for you. But still, your parents wont let you do anything, would they? You are probably going to make dozens of family trips to big meatballs and stuff..." "Alex. Let me finish." she said, having a serious look on her face. "My parents are going to Croatia. I am not." I felt happy. And dizzy. At the same time. "That's some great news!" I was hyped. Finally I would be able to spend the summer with the only person I trusted blindly.

~~AnotherTimeJumpBecauseThisChapterIsLongAsHeck~~

Joanne came out of the kitchen with a few snacks. "Any idea what to watch?" I asked. "I thought about some. But I just dont find any we didnt watch yet." Joanne put down the chips. "Hmm. What about 'Blue is the warmest color'? I wanted to watch that film." I gulped. "You sure?" She nodded. "K."

Heya. Idk if this chapter fits in here, the other ones had another style. It just gets a but happier from now on. And yes, I am proud of writing this long chapter.