Chapter twelve

The phone rang. "Yes, hello? Oh hey, Joanne. Yes, I'll be there in a minute." She wanted me to come over, so I got into the pantry. The snacks were my problem today. I knocked on her door, and one of the snack bags nearly dropped out of the tight hug I was giving them. "Alex! Come in!" I stepped through the doorstep. "What's up, Joanne? You wanted to talk?" I remembered. "You aren't very patient. Let's watch Netflix first." I nodded. Why not? "And what are we going to watch?" Joanne looked at me. "Friends!" we both said at the same time. It was our favorite show, we probably watched the series 16 times. We sat down the chubby red couch and I turned on the TV.

~~TimeTravellingIsOnlyPossibleInBooks~~

Her head had been resting on my shoulder for about an hour now, but I was to insecure to move. "Alex?" she suddenly asked. "Yeah?" She lifted her head and paused the TV. "You remember why I called you, right?" I nodded. "Of course." "It's just. You're the first person I wanted to tell about this." I decided not to interrupt her at all, since she seemed to talk about a serious topic. "Since you are polysexual and stuff..." I knew with direction this was going. "I... I am pansexual, Alex." She began to cry. I hugged her. "Why are you crying? You got the premium version of gay, Joanne." I joked to boost her mood. I felt her smiling at my chest. "You don't have a problem with it?" "Joanne, of course not! Why should I?" She pulled me closer and hugged my tighter. "I dont know. I just was afraid, Alex. Just afraid..." My inner smile grew bigger and bigger. 'Goddamn Alex, you little disappointment! You have a chance, a slight chance!' I thought to myself. It had gotten late. "Joanne, I have to go now. Back into the cold night air of summertime." She still hugged me. "No Alex, please stay. You can sleep here." she said, leaving me in shock. I stayed at her home over night nearly every week, but since they didnt have another bed for me, I was used to sleep in Joannes big bed. But I didnt know if it was the best idea now. "Sure, as you wish."