Chapter 24

"Why is your mum home? Like..." "Shhh, Joanne, it's alright, my mom is going to leave soon enough..." I tried to calm down Joanne, who was furious about the current situation, which was totally understandable. "And what if not?!" I sighed. "I promise you to make her leave soon, you are not the only person who wants her out of the house again." Just as information, my mum is a nasty little bitch. "Guys, I don't want to interrupt your little argument right there, but there's something I would want to know." Jess interrupted us. I rolled my eyes. That was the only thing I hated about Jess. Her questions. She would always ask those annoying things. Just because she was curious, as she always said. "What?" Joanne asked, still filled with anger. Jess just looked at us, at me, at Joanne, at me, at Joanne... in a always repeating cycle. "So?" she finally asked. "It's, umm... uh..." I stuttered. "What?" Joanne said, "You never saw a couple before or what?" And that was it. Boom. Confusion, this whole day. But I remained calm. "Right... that's what I was going to say." Jess giggled. "Alright. That's it?" "What's it to laugh about?" I asked her. "Nothing. Just... nothing." I nodded, confused, and Joanne gave Jess a hateful look.

"Joanne, we walked for 4 hours now, non-stop... we need a break." "Yes, Jess is right. My mum is not going to find us here..." I saw a little bench just some meters before us. We sat down, finally. "We all know their mum is a bitch." Jess said. I nodded. That was the unfiltered truth. My mum always used to not care about others opinions. She would just respect hers, every other one was irrelevant if it wasn't the same as her opinion. But that's just one point on the list. She insults my friends, not just when they aren't with me. I have lost many of them because of her. She says 'my friends are not supporting the way she raises me' and most importantly 'planted that bullshit in my head'. The bullshit is me identifying as non-binary. She doesn't recognize who I am, was and will always be. You might have noticed how she still calls me by that name I don't even use anymore. And that sucks, I swear. I just hate her. Yes, I know, you should always love your mother... but most of the time she just annoys me. I am happy that she isn't here all the time. "So, calm down Joanne." I said to her. "Yeah, you're right... I just... can't get along with her." My mum always insults her. I don't even know why. Joanne is a nice and polite person, maybe the most polite one of all my friends. Still, my mum thinks she is not the right kind of friend for me. What does she want for me? A veteran's son? A dentist's daughter? "We know... just, don't be with me while she is around..." Joanne looked into my eyes. "That's gonna be hard."

O-O
Don't look at me like that. I know I am lazy af and you may hate me and stuff, but... Here's a new chapter, written 11:00 pm. Have fun.