chapter 6

David squealed the tires of his car when he braked in the park and quickly got out, caring little if he tore off Simon's hand. He was angry with him, more so than before, because David had to offer him his clothes and Simon, he could almost assure that it was on purpose, took a century and a half to decide what he would like to wear. Simon caused his date to wait about forty minutes.

— Easy, David, she's still there, —Simon said with a laugh.

— Shut up or I'll hit you right here.

The blonde girl smiled at the sight of David, though when her eyesight detected Simon, she frowned.

Simon smiled knowingly.

— Hello my love —greeted David tenderly with a short kiss— sorry to keep you waiting so long, I had a problem.

— Hi, honey. Um, could you explain?

It would have been weirder not to have worn a superior garment. Luckily the sweatshirts they wore saved them from that. Maybe David's right sleeve was hanging empty, as was Simon's left sleeve, but at least they didn't have their naked chest exposed.

— Easy, beautiful —Simon took the word— this is a kidnapping. David likes me and he loves this kind of weird stuff.

The blonde laughed.

— Don't listen to him —David took her hand to give her a caress—. It's a bet. Gregory will give us £600 if we stay like this for a week.

— Oh wow.

— Yes, I said the same thing —Simon nodded his head.

David saw that the blonde kept looking at Simon and got mad. He turned his eyes now to Simon.

— Hey, maybe you're here...

— Of course I am! —exclaims Simon, raising both arms, raising David's right arm in action.

— But could you pretend not to be? —David lowers his arm and takes up the sentence, pronouncing it slowly. Why did Simon try so hard to annoy him? Or is it that he is always like that? He wanted to tear his head off.

— Oh, of course. Couple's time. I promise to close my eyes.

David's girlfriend, Sharon, laughed out loud.

The date continued as best it could. They went out for burgers and it was funny to see Simon playing with his fries because he was so bored, but the couple had a good time. It was like that for two hours and finally, the couple said goodbye with a long, slightly off-key kiss.

Simon rolled his eyes and pulled his arm to interrupt his hot session.

— Em, dad, let's go.

— See you, beautiful —David kissed her one last time and the two boys got in the car.

The one with a girlfriend sighed cheerily and started the car to go to Simon's house. Simon had to get some clothes since they had decided it would be better to stay at David's house the whole week.

— Hey, David.

— Tell me.

— Do you love her? Simon sounded serious.

David chuckled, confused—. What question is that? Of course, I do.

Simon sighed— she doesn't love you.

He was quiet for a few moments.

— What are you saying?

Simon analyzed a fried potato, he had taken the white bag with him because he had many left over, and ate it—. I just know.

— What could you possibly know about her? And if it's a joke, I don't find it funny.

— Okay, how long have you been together?

— Two months.

Simon whistled and his left palm moved in a slow trajectory from top to bottom, dramatically. It made him crash into his other hand, making a sound like a fall.

— She doesn't love you.

— What makes you so sure? You're making me desperate.

— I just slept with her last week.

David was shocked and had to park the car. He stared at Simon's.

— What?

— Yes... I never usually say who I'm sleeping with, out of respect you know —Simon calmly explains—. Sharon had told me she didn't have a boyfriend, so we did it. I don't like you, but I'm telling you this because it's fucked up that you're being cheated on and you don't know.

And Simon smiled, as if he had done a great work of charity. David's eye twitched.

— You're lying...

— Okay, denial phase. I'll tell you then that Sharon has a little butterfly tattoo right here —his finger pointed right above the hip bone.

David's face lost all color. Simon noticed that he began to tremble and turned his gaze to the front. He wanted to start the car but his hands did not help.

— Do you want help?

— No.

That was the last word they shared. They arrived at Simon's house, he packed his suitcase, David standing super quietly beside him, moving when necessary, and they set off back to the tall boy's place.

Simon didn't try to start a new conversation between them. He could act like a son of a bitch sometimes, but that didn't mean he didn't understand that sometimes it's better to stop talking.

They came home, brushed their teeth and since David did not want to change his clothes, neither did Simon.

The one with the lifeless expression turned off the light and lay down on the bed and without saying anything, he made space for Simon. He left the decision to Simon, who, feeling that since they had already showered together there was nothing worse, laid down with him.