Gwaine x oc

I DO NOT OWN MERLIN all credits go to the creators of the show I do not own these characters except Lynn also I did use a quote from season one it's not mine. Lancelot is alive in this one and obviously gwaine is too.

I completely rewrote this story and I think it's much better written and has a better plot so I hope you enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: None I can think of

(3rd POV)
The door gave a loud creak as a serving girl entered Sir Gwaines chambers upon the Kings request.

The only visible sign of the knight from under the blankets was a bit of hair poking out from under the silky material.

The girl quietly made her way over to the curtains and opened them to let the sun in. Then she made her way over to the knight himself and politely speaking softly "Sir Gwaine...Sorry to disturb you" she quietly says continuing after hearing a groan "The king needs you for training"

A muffled groan is followed shortly.

After a few seconds gathering the last bit of warmth from his blankets Gwaine sits up and looks at the serving girl before wincing at the sudden light and the pounding in his head.

"Yes.. yes" he tiredly replies running a hand through his hair trying to ignore the current hangover.

"You can tell the princess I'll be right down" he sighed before walking around the serving girl and sluggishly making his way to his oak wardrobe where in the mirror you could see his tangled bed head that still managed to look amazing.

"Of course sir" the maid dipped her head and quickly left to do as told.

Gwaine only started to change when he heard the squeaking of the door close and turned to his wardrobe and got ready for the day.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gwaine walked out of the castle and to the training field after going to Gaius for a remedy for his hangover and stopping to grab an apple.

His hair blew if the soft breeze as he took the last few steps till he entered the field where he could see his fellow knights chatting with each other and an annoyed king along with Merlin.

"Here catch" gwaine tosses the apple to the king "I brought a gift" he explains before joining the line with the knights who are chuckling.

"Your late again..." Arthur commented shaking his head in annoyance before tossing the apple to Elyan who took a bite.

"What is it not good enough for you princess" Gwaine teased with a smirk

The group excluding the king grinned at the nickname. The king turns to gwaine "keep it up and I'll have you in the stocks" he warns with a serious yet playful tone.

Arthur takes his mace out and looks to Merlin who had been trying to hid behind the knights in hopes of not having to be used in target practice.

"Say Merlin.. how is your mace work coming along" the king smirks as Merlin groans and heads over.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a while at the maces the knights now switched to pairing off with their swords. Right now Gwaine and Percival are battling at it while everyone else stands in the sun and watches.

Percival and gwaine have been at it for awhile with both of them be equal skilled fighters the only difference between them is how quick gwaine is on his feet compared to Percival but also Gwaines reactions are slow while Percival's more precise.