Ch. 4 - Chats & Lies

"CLASS, I HAVE PASSED OUT A packet for you to fill out

"CLASS, I HAVE PASSED OUT A packet for you to fill out. Turn it in to my before class is over, and I'll grade them. Then you will have them back tomorrow to study for your test," Mr. Banks said, standing at his desk.

We all nodded before working on our packets. I rubbed my eyes, sleepily.I didn't any rest at all last night. My mind was too clouded.

I was on question six when somebody poked me with a pencil. I looked over to see Jax poking me with his pencil.

"Do you know the answer to question six?" Jax whispered, making me give him a confused look.

"So now you want to talk to me? What happened to 'we shouldn't be friends' talk yesterday?" I asked him, using my fingers for the quotations.

"Look, it would be best if we weren't friends which doesn't mean that I don't want to," Jax replied, clearing his throat.

"Are you trying to pull some Edward Cullen crap on me? Because if you are, it's not working," I replied, curtly, looking back at my packet.

"Who's Edward Cullen?" Jax asked, confused at what I just said.

"The vampire," I said, titling my head. He still looked confused so I said,"You know, the one that lives in Forks that falls in love with the human girl. He's also a tad creepy sometimes."

He shook his head,"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I need to educate you before it's too late," I told him, making him smile.

"I really am sorry about yesterday. It's just that my mother is in the military and we move around a lot. And ever time I start making friends, we move," Jax apologized.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea," I said, sincerely.

He shrugged,"Its not a big deal. Anyways, that's why I was so rude to you yesterday."

"It's okay. How about we forget about that, and start over?" I asked, making him nod.

"Yeah, I would like that. Hi, I'm Jax," he said, extending his hand out for me to shake.

I shook it before replying,"I'm Campbell."

"So can you help me on question six or am I going to figure it out on my own?" Jax asked me with a sly smile.

"Sure," I replied.

We worked together until the bell rang. As I was getting my stuff together I thought to myself. I'm glad that Jax and I are okay now.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'll text you when I get done with my errand," I told Brent before kissing him on the cheek.

His arm was wrapped around my waist, and he was looking down at me. My hands were around his neck.