Ch. 30 - The Talk

"WHICH ONE?" I asked Summer, holding up two outfits

She walked over to the one in my right hand. It was a pair of blue jean shorts and a cropped black hoodie with a sunflower on it.

"I was thinking this one, too," I said as I threw my other outfit on my bed.

She barked, cheerfully, spinning in a circle. I smiled at her before walking into my bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

I changed into the outfit before pulling my hair into a high ponytail. I walked out of my bathroom to find Brent laying on his back at the foot of my bed. Summer was nowhere in sight.

"You're early," I said, laying on my stomach next to him.

He frowned,"Don't get too happy about it, why don't you."

"You know what I mean," I remarked, smiling.

"My parents are taking Vanessa to the park and lunch so I was by myself at the house," Brent explained, twirling my ponytail with his finger.

"Well, in that case..." I said, sitting on my knees. I leaned in, and our lips met. He used one of his hands, and he held the side of my neck, stroking my cheek with his thumb as the kiss deepen.

He sat up more as he wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me down on his chest so that way I was on top of him. He laid back on the bed...

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" Mom exclaimed, making us break apart, quickly.

She covered her eyes before walking out of my room. My cheeks flared pink at her walking in on our make out session.

"Shit," I mumbled before getting off Brent.

His cheeks were a faint pink, but he didn't look too embarrassed. I quickly walked out of my room, looking for Mom.

I walked downstairs, looking around. I finally found her whispering to Dad in her office. Before I could hide, Dad's eyes found mine, and I froze.

"Campbell, can you come in here for a moment please?" Dad asked, tapping his foot. He didn't look mad. So I guess that is a good sign.

I slowly made my way into Mom's office, shutting the door behind me. I sat down in a chair, and Mom cleared her throat.

Before she could say anything, I blurted out,"I'm so sorry. I promise that it was just kissing and that is all."

"You are not in trouble, Campbell," Mom said, furrowing her eyebrows. "We understand that you are a teenager almost an adult. You make your own decisions." I took a deep breath of relief.

"But we want you to be safe," Dad said, making my eyes widen in horror.

This can't be happening.

Please let this be a nightmare. Please wake up. I can't believe they are trying to discuss with me.

I stood up from my chair. "I already had the talk years ago."