11

The cinema was a sea of mesmerized faces illuminated by the glow of the big screen. Mark, however, couldn't tear his eyes away from the tan boy beside him. He marveled at the fact that he was on a date with the person he loved. 

Their arms were casually resting on the armrest, and Mark seized the chance to inch closer, seeking a connection. Donghyuck, quick to catch on, gladly moved his hand closer, interweaving their pinkies. This simple act sent a rush through both of them, each yearning for more. Donghyuck, taking the lead, traced his fingers across Mark's, causing a delightful disturbance in the latter's heart. Wanting to reciprocate, Mark swiftly placed his hand on top, intertwining their fingers. And so, they sat, hands locked, hearts exposed.

✨✨✨

"Um, Mark?..."

"Hmm?"

"Your hand..." The duo strolled down the bustling street hand in hand.

"Do you mind it?" Mark spoke softly, though his heart raced loudly.

"Not really, it's just that there might be people watching," Donghyuck blushed, his words contradicting his feelings as he enjoyed the warmth of Mark's hand.

"Ignore them, we're outside our hometown so no one will recognize us"

"Is that so?"

"Yes, so please... let's stay like this a little longer" Mark tightened their grip.

"Okay..."

✨✨✨

The sudden downpour left the two boys drenched, seeking refuge in an old, found shelter in an old run-down bus stop.

"Looks like it won't stop anytime soon," Donghyuck sighed, finding a spot next to Mark on the creaky bench.

"Summer is almost over, huh?" 

"Yeah... kind of sad isn't it?" 

Mark turned to Donghyuck, his gaze lingering on the latter's lips. "But we got to go on a date," he said, averting his eyes, which met Donghyuck's.

"Yea, it was fun," Hyuckie giggled. "I really had fun"

Mark gazed at the rain, gathering the courage to ask, "Do you... want to stop by my house first?" Donghyuck looked at him, the sound of his racing heart echoing. "It's just nearby here..." Mark added.

A flush of red adorned Donghyuck's cheeks, and he looked down as droplets fell off the tips of his hair. "Okay."

✨✨✨

They have finally arrived at Mark's house which seemed bigger and emptier than it usually did, this only made the lustful ambiance surrounding the boys hang heavy. 

Seated at the front entrance, fingers still intertwined, they avoided each other's gaze. Mark finally turned to Donghyuck, "Hyuckie..." Donghyuck turned, surprised by their proximity. Undeterred, they went in to close the gap, "Hyuckie." Mark spoke once more, lifting his hand to rest on Donghyuck's nape. Closer, their noses touched, Donghyuck moved in, and just as they were about to share a kiss, lightning struck, making them jump and bump heads.

Separated for the first time that day, wincing in pain, Donghyuck checked the time in surprise. "Shit, look at the time! I have to go home before my mom kills me," he exclaimed.

"I see..." Mark sat anxiously playing with his fingers. 

"Can I borrow your umbrella?" 

"Erm, sure..." Donghyuck sensed disappointment in Mark's voice, making him uneasy.

"Mark," Donghyuck called before leaning in, brushing aside strands of hair, and planting a soft kiss on Mark's forehead. Mark sat there in awe, dazed. "Bye bye~" Donghyuck waved off.

"Ba..i...Bye..." Mark murmured, gently touching where Donghyuck had kissed him.

"I  guess I'm not washing my head today..." Mark thought to himself as he sprawled on his back on the ground.