Destiny

The air is thick and the lights surrounding the stage are a bright fluorescent hot purple, giving me the illusion that we in an astral area

The air is thick and the lights surrounding the stage are a bright fluorescent hot purple, giving me the illusion that we in an astral area. The screaming fans around me make me anxious but the warm cup of beer in my hands keeps me from going over the edge. I decided to come to the concert, but after some heavy convincing from my friend Raina, who has her own history with Jimin. I had an extra pass outside of us two and so I take Ami as well, giving her a brief rundown of my relationship with the boys, specifically with Namjoon. Ami didn't ask me too many questions, instead she just rubbed my hand and said she would be there to support me and I couldn't appreciate that enough. So here I am, eyes locked in from backstage watching the boys perform on their last concert as seven before Jin reports for duty in the military. The color of the lights changes from purple to blue and Jimin takes the center stage to perform Serendipity. The lyrics are distracting, and I try to zone out and just listen to the melody, but the words keep creeping in my head. I find myself closing my eyes and singing along with him.

"As much as my heart flutters, I'm worried

The destiny is jealous of us

Just like you I'm so scared

When you see me, when you touch me,

The universe has moved for us

Without missing a single thing

Our happiness was meant to be

Cuz you love me, and I love you."

"Noelle, I didn't know you could sing!" Ami exclaims with a shocked expression on her face.

"Meh, I'm okay," I shrug nonchalantly.

"Quit downing yourself. I hate it when you do that," Raina scolds me and then turns to Ami.

 "Yeah she can sing beautifully. I keep telling her that, but she doesn't do anything about it."

"Yeah, yeah okay. Enough about me okay?" I say curtly before turning my attention back to the stage.

I look over and I catch Namjoon eyes staring at me and I raise my glass up acknowledging him. He mouths if I am okay and I gave him the ok in sign language and then he nods. I blush and bite the inside of my cheek in return and I turn my attention back to the stage. The lights change to orange and the beat to "Fire" starts to play. I start moving my hips to the beat and Raina and Ami follow behind me. We stay this way for several more songs and then the boys take the time out to speak before they leave the stage. One by one, they pour their hearts out to the fans and thanking them for coming and what it means to them. Namjoon is the last one to speak and as much as I wanted to act like I didn't want to hear what he had to say, I listened to every word.

"Thank you for coming out and hanging with us. Its been 8 years since we have debuted, and it has been nothing short of a dream. We have traveled all over the world and experienced many things. Met some amazing people along the way. As the world keeps spinning, so do we and I just want to stress the importance of taking time out for yourself and have self-care days. Its very important. 2 years ago, I didn't take any breaks. I just kept going and going and going and it got to a point where I was extremely stressed, and it made me lose focus on the things that were most important to me. I lost a great deal of myself and I had to step back and say, 'Hey, this isn't me. I don't like what I see in the mirror. Let's work on getting that person back again and loving yourself. Quit letting the outside noise and influences distract you. You have to do what's best for you.' So, I did that. I redirected my energy towards things that kept my interests before and now I feel better. I feel like me again. There's one more thing I must do but that will happen at its own time. So please, just love yourself more. Block out the haters and the negativity and keep doing you. And don't forget, self-care is important."