Two

Jaemin winced feeling the sun hit his face waking him up, rubbing his eyes he yawned stretching feeling his muscles tighten and then relax hearing a small click as his elbow twisted, sitting up from his bed he scratched his head, Jaemin smiled seeing the fluffy corgi he had adopted when first moving here nipping at his feet sock clad feet. It's been exactly one year since he's moved and he's done a lot in that time, trying out jobs and online schooling but it all ended because it just wasn't him anymore, he's grown out of school and jobs wasn't something he was able to keep as a teen and it moved on to his early adult years and still continued.

Although he wasn't very worried about being unemployed at the moment having enough money to live off for the next few years from odd races he had won, although racing was a steady income he eventually got bored and now he's stuck in a cycle of trying new things just to fill his time because well he doesn't know what to do anymore.

It's been a year and Jaemin still feels like he's a stranger, he knows no one, beside the receptionist downstairs who tries to flirt with him every time he leaves and comes back, although he's flattered he really is, it's just middle aged women whose only companion is their cat isn't really his type, but who is he to judge his only companion is a corgi who goes by the name of Buddy.

Trudging around his kitchen after having a shower he pulled himself out a bowl making him breakfast and making sure to feed Buddy , Jaemin sighed drying his hair with a towel seeing as he was almost out of milk and needed to pick up some more dog food as well, Picking up his phone he ignored all the missed calls and texts he still gets from people he's trying to forget and checked the time, 12:02pm.

Somehow getting lost in thought Jaemin jumped at the sound of his doorbell ringing, tilting his head he waited hoping it would stop but became irritated when it became even more erratic, cursing he put his bowl in the sink throwing the towel he had in the washing basket in the corner of the room and pulled the door back trying to muster up the courage to tell the receptionist to leave him alone when he furrowed his eyebrows, his lips turning down into a frown.

"You? Jaemin asked not caring of he came off rude, Jisung blinked blankly staring at the guy in front of him confused.

"You live here?" Jisung asked taking a step back to see the number on the door making sure that it was the one he was looking for.

"If I say no will you believe me?" Jaemin let out sarcastically and Jisung smiled momentarily before hearing his name being called from down the hall, two guys were making their way down the hall towards Jisung who was scratching the back of his head.

"Wait, if this is your apartment, do you know a Hyunjin? I swear this was his apartment" Jisung said watching as his friends came closer, Jaemin sighed, of course they were looking for Hyunjin.

Hyunjin was a college student Jaemin had found out lived on the floor above him when someone had mistaken his apartment for the college students, Jaemin was quiet confused when it happens quite a lot and sometimes he'd even see the same people over again.

"Hyunjin lives on the floor above" Jaemin replied and Jisung nodded thanking him and turning to leave to tell his friends when Jisung turned back to Jaemin who was already trying to close the door.

"we're having a going away party for him upstairs, If you want to stop by that'll be cool, only if you want to though" Jisung mumbled and Jaemin pursed his lips together before shaking his head.

"Maybe another time I'm sort of busy today, Thanks Jisung" Jaemin lied closing the door catching a glimpse of Jisung's friends, one had black hair and the other had brown hair a few strands of what looked like glitter in his hair.

On the other side Jisung huffed staring at his friends who asked him what happened and Jisung replied with a 'wrong floor'.

Jisung didn't know what it was about Jaemin that made him want to invite him to the party, maybe it was because Jisung found him cool or even because he may have saved his life but unlike a few days ago this time Jisung was planning on sticking around.

...

The days passed quickly and Jaemin became even more bored as each day went by, As of today it had been almost two weeks since Jaemin saw Jisung and he barely knew the kid so it didn't matter one bit to him at least.

Rcently Jisung had asked around knowing he'd heard the name Na Jaemin before and what he had found out was beyond interesting, actually it was eye opening.

...

"Where'd you hear that name from?" Jung Jaehyun a well known mechanic had rolled out from under the car he was working on to look at the younger, Jisung came to him whenever he wanted the scoop on anyone.

"Oh I'm not sure, I just remember hearing it from someone how come?" Jisung shrugged not knowing why he lied.

"Nah nothing I just haven't heard that name in awhile, He was a racer like you and your friends, he was actually one of the best where I lived before here, I heard his name everywhere, he went M.I.A almost a year ago though, he left without a trace and a single word, everyone assumed he was dead because his car was found at the bottom of cliff but apparently no body was found" Jaehyun had explained sliding out from his place and getting up reaching for his tool box, Jisung nodded swinging his legs back an forth sitting on the hood of his car.

...

It was obvious now, of course the guy was a racer, from the way he was so relaxed behind the wheel to the type of car he owned, it was staring him straight in the face and he didn't even know it, It made him think though, did he purposely fake his death? Or was it an accident, just what is this guy hiding from or maybe who is a better guess.

So here they were, Jaemin was once again asking Jisung why he was here, Jisung smiled almost mischievously and Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows at the younger behaviour finding it beyond weird.

"Hello?" Jaemin asked seeing Jisung who crossed his arms over this chest and took a step forward and leaned over whispering, Jaemin visibly tensed at the others words.

"I know your secret"