Chapter Five

In that moment, she saw the curtain in front of the living room window move, and there he stood. Satan incarnate.

A cold chill ran over her skin as though someone had just walked over her grave. Lillian chuckled. The thought was ironic considering she should have her own grave now. But no one knew she'd died. And no one ever would.

Lillian looked to the left and then the right before stepping onto the quiet street. It was a residential block and a side street to boot, so there was never a lot of traffic or action this time of the morning.

Walking up to the front gate, she stopped momentarily when she heard the click of the door. And there he stood, filling the entryway with his tall toned body. His arms folded across his chest as he looked at her before glancing at Christian across the street. Returning his gaze in her direction, he glared at her.

"Get inside," he said, his voice deep and dangerous. She knew that tone all too well, but she was surprised to find that it didn't exactly scare her like it used to. Energy hummed within her, one unlike any other.

And as she drew near, the swish-swish of his blood as it pumped through him pulsated like sweet music in her ear, and an intense hunger rumbled through her. She took a deep breath and his scent filled her. Not the usual Cologne, but a copper smell. One that she couldn't stand before, but now it called to her. She fought hard to keep the animal caged within her, feeling the first of her fangs cut through her gums.

"What the fuck is wrong with your eyes?" he said when she hit the first step, leading up to their door. "They look like ugly black charcoal."

Lillian shoved by him, almost knocking him off the porch, and walked into the house.

"Oh, no you don't," he said, grabbing her arm. Once inside, he didn't relinquish her arm. He closed the door with a bang and slammed her up against it. "Were you with that guy last night?"

Her fangs slipped a little lower, and she felt bold for the first time. "So what if I was?"

"You little whore." He pulled his hand back and went to slap her, but she grabbed his wrist and twisted it painfully. He dropped to the ground with a howl.

"You've hurt me for the last time," she said, standing over him. It felt different being on this side of the battle. Empowering of sorts. A smile broke across her face. With the racing of his heart, the sound of his life force magnified, and her stomach growled. She licked her lips, her pointy fangs scraping across her tongue.

"You're psycho," he said. She gave his wrist another twist and heard a pop. He yelped.

"That's your department. Me. I'm a vampire. And I could end your life, right here. Right now," she said, baring her fangs at him. "But that's your game. Not mine. And be thankful it's not. So you are going to listen to me carefully."

Oh god. His blood smelled so good. She wished like anything that she could plug her nose.

"Fine. Fine. Sure. Whatever you say," he said, curling into a fetal ball, trying to protect his neck.

"I'm going to leave. And you are not going to look for me or tell anyone about our conversation here today, or I will be back. And I will make you pay for every nasty thing that you did to me."

"Okay. Okay. Whatever you say," he said. His voice shook and tears filled his eyes.

"Oh, and another thing."

"What."

"I want the keys to the Ferrari. You're going to give me the car."

"Hell n..." But one look at her fangs again had him shutting his mouth.

She patted him on the head. "Nice doing business with you." And with that, she turned and walked out the door, with her head held high. It felt darn good that fear was Manny's master for a change.

Never again would be a punching bag. She was free. And now she could finally live.

"Hey Christian, let's go have some fun," she said, jiggling the keys while pointing at Manny's Ferrari.

"You don't have to ask me twice."

THE END

-------

A/N

So, tell me, my dear readers, what would you have done in her place? She totally surprised me when she took the car. I thought she was going to kill him. *lol*

Thanks for coming along on this short ride. I do hope you enjoyed the story. :)