Chapter 1

Chapter 1 of IMYM. Happy Reading! ❤️

~ ~ ~

That very same night, (Y/N) was awakened by someone coughing loudly. Her weak body rose up from her bed, seeing the gray haired man awake and struggling to even get out of his bed.

She could call the nurse for assistance, but she sees how he desperately needs to go to the restroom. It would take a while for the nurses to arrive. Therefore, she has no choice but to use her own little strength.

But if she overdo her movements, she's going to end up having a lot of bruises the next day.

(Y/N) quickly got out of bed, trying to balance herself first before walking. She made her way to the man as fast as she could. Once she reached his bed, she helped him get up from the bed by pulling his arm.

"You're pretty heavy.. boy.." She struggles, feeling her body starting to ache. Osamu felt two small cold hands on his arm trying to help him sit. He finally gained all of his consciousness, suddenly feeling another wave of vomiting. (Y/N) placed his arm around his shoulder as she helped him walk towards their shared comfort room.

(Y/N) already knew that the next day Kira would get mad at her, but that's alright because at least her roommate would be fine.

They both made it just in time to the toilet, then Osamu started barfing. She saw how there was blood in his hands from coughing. Seeing how the boy still struggles, (Y/N) helped him by crouching down to the same level as him and rubbing his back gently.

"It hurts.." She hears his hoarse voice, followed by another round of coughing again. She starts to become concerned for the man beside her. (Y/N) gently patted his unexpectedly soft gray hair, making Osamu look at her. She saw how his gray eyes were red from crying in pain, reminding them of her own. She flashed a small smile, and one smile was enough to catch Osamu's heart. He suddenly felt an electric wave going straight to his heart. and thus,

New unknown feelings were developed inside his body system.

"Don't worry, everything is always painful on the first day. And as the days go by, you will be fine in no time." Her soft voice said, and it somehow reassured Osamu.

She stayed with him until his vomiting stopped. Osamu felt a little better after throwing up. (Y/N) starts to feel incredibly weak that her own consciousness is starting to drift away.

"Thank you, I never caught your na-" She fell into the man's arms, losing her consciousness. It made Osamu panicked and he started shouting for help. The nurse heard his calls in no time and he told them to assist her first before him.

Someone who has a strong heart yet a fragile body helped him get through his pain.

Osamu suddenly felt a pang of worry for the girl who helped him, silently praying for her to be fine. Even if he doesn't know her, he has this urge of wanting to talk to her and help her.

He's not sure why, but it is what his heart wanted to do.

~ ~ ~

"Seriously, You all know that (Y/N) would do that. Why didn't you all guard her properly last night?" Kira scolded the other nurses, apologizing for their careless mistake. They all knew the fact how (Y/N) would do things that could risk her life without her knowing.

Osamu on the other hand was just listening to their conversation, even if he knows that it's bad to eavesdrop. He came back from his recent checkup. Kira lets out a sigh and looks at the peacefully sleeping figure, fresh bruises forming all over her body.

"Both her body and heart are fragile. You all know about her situation and disease right? This must not happen again. Understand?" Kira said, receiving a positive reply and the other nurses leaving the room.