Part 2

"Anne! Over here!" an excited familiar voice called out.

Anne rushed down the steps of Gringotts toward Hermione who was waiting below. The two girls greeted each other ecstatically before being joined by Harry and Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper.

"Hi Harry! Hi Hagrid!" Hermione and Anne greeted them.

Harry appeared to be covered in soot and his glasses were broken.

"Harry, what did you do to your glasses?" asked Hermione.

Thinking quickly, Anne pulled out her wand. "Occulus Reparo!"

In an instant, Harry's glasses were repaired. "I've got to remember that," he smiled as he examined them. "It's great to see you, Anne. Hermione."

"You'll be all right then, Harry?" said Hagrid.

Harry nodded. Hagrid bid the three of them good-bye before going about his business.

The three of them then made their way to the Flourish and Blotts bookstore where a crowd had gathered outside.

"Oh Harry! Thank goodness we've found you!" a short middle-aged red-haired woman cried when she saw them. "We were so worried!"

"I'm all right, Mrs. Weasley," Harry assured her. He was about to introduce Anne and Hermione to her when the door to Flourish and Blotts opened and the shopkeeper stepped out. 

"Ladies and gentlemen! Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart is here to sign his latest book."

"Who's Gilderoy Lockhart?" asked Anne as they walked into the bookstore.

"He's a famous wizard who's written amazing books on his daring exploits with Magical creatures and Dark Arts. He received the Oder of the Merlin, Third Class. He's even an Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League," Hermione explained, her eyes bright and shining with exhilaration. "There he is right now!"

Gilderoy Lockhart came slowly into view, seated at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing dazzlingly white teeth at the crowd. The real Lockhart was wearing robes of forget-me-not blues that matched his eyes; his pointed wizard's hat was set at a jaunty angle on his wavy blond hair.

A short, irritable-looking man was dancing around taking photographs with a large black camera that emitted puffs of purple smoke with every blinding flash.

Lockhart smiled brightly as the camera flashed. The blinding light was starting to annoy Anne.

"Wish he'd stop doing that!" she grumbled under her breath. "Let's just get our books and get out of here!"

Lockhart, however, heard her. He glanced at her briefly before his gaze wondered to Harry who was standing behind her. He jumped up. "It can't be! It's Harry Potter!"

The crowd parted, whispering amongst themselves. Lockhart lunged forward, seized Harry's arm, and pulled him to the front rudely knocking into Anne's shoulder. The crowd burst into applause. Anne, massaging her shoulder, looked away, rolling her eyes in disgust.

Harry blushed furiously as Lockhart wrapped his arm around him as the camera flashed repeatedly.

"Ladies and gentlemen," announced Lockhart, waving his free arm for quiet. "What an extraordinary moment this is! When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts today to purchase my latest autobiography Magical Me, he had no idea he would, in fact, be leaving with my entire collected works---- free of charge!"

The crowd cheered and clapped ass Lockhart presented Harry with his entire book collection. Harry walked over to Mrs. Weasley who took the collection from him, offering to get them signed for him while he and the other Weasleys waited outside.