Chapter 1

I was walking down the street in the beautiful snow, when I saw him. You know the one person you always see but don't ever have enough courage to talk to them. Well this is what is happening to me today. It's almost like he's following me around.

"Maybe I am."

"What???"

"Maybe I am following you."

"Why???"

"Cause I need to talk to you"

"Oh. About??"

"What's your first name?"

"Tommy Joe. Why"

"Ok, you need to come with me please"

"What why???"

"Cause you're my brother"

MY BROTHER!!! What does he mean my brother!?!

"When we were younger I left and you stayed with mom and dad. I never liked them, dad abused me and mom never did anything about it. Once I got my new leg I just left and never came back. But you were too young to remember that."

"Elliott???" I don't believe it could it really be him??? Ok I got to stop thinking all my questions and actually ask him them.

"Yes Tommy it's really me. Elliott James Ratliff. Your twin brother."

"OMG NO WAY!!! ELLIOTT!!!"

I jumped in his arms and hugged him. He hugged me back, and laughed a bit.

"Someones happy to see me."

"Yes!!! I always asked mom and dad about you but were not suppose to talk about you. I don't know why or what you did but dad is terrified of you. His own son." He laughed at me.

"Do you know what happened???"

"No"

"Well you want to know???"

"Sure?"

"Well...I was only 13 when I got my first prosthetic leg." He pointed at his left leg.

"Mom was happy that I finally could walk on my own and dad got mad at her for it and hit her. He has hit me a lot. Well he used to abuse me but once he hit mom I lost it. I got up and beat him up and that's when everyone found out that I was a demon and I set the house on fire...I didn't try to but it just happened. After that I ran away and I guess now dads afraid of me." I was shocked at what I just heard. Why wouldn't they tell me what happened. Why was I not aloud to know? Did they not trust me or...are they hiding something from me? My thoughts were interrupted by Elliott laughing at me.

"What's so funny??"

He looked straight at me with his gold eyes.

"Yes there hiding something from you. You're just like me. You're a demon also." He just ran off into the snow.