30: Rescued

Everyone stood quietly in shock. Then, Mephiles and Fleetway (who was still carrying Scourge) ran to hug Lora.

"Hold it, hold it!" Lora said, holding up a hand.

The boys froze immediately.

Lora carefully put Manic down onto his feet, then reached out to check Scourge's still-injured leg.

Once Lora's hand touched Scourge's ankle (with Scourge wincing from the contact), Scourge's leg began glowing pink.

After a few moments, Lora removed her hand and motioned for Fleetway to put Scourge down. Fleetway was confused for a moment, since he'd been sure that Scourge couldn't stand, but did as he was told.

When he did, Scourge was surprised to realize that his ankle felt fine. He was also quick to get over the shock, and ran to hug Lora.

As Scourge buried his face into Lora's sweater, Fleetway and Mephiles also ran and hugged her.

Thoroughly confused, Sonic asked, "Okay, can someone please explain what's going on?"

Lora was about to speak up, until another familiar girl appeared from around the corner. "Ms Pearl, we better head out. More Eggbots could show up," Sonia said.

"Wait, Sonia's here!?" Sonic asked, more confused.

"And why did she call you Pearl?" Fleetway asked Lora.

"I'll explain more once we get into the skyship," Lora rushed. "Now, let's go."

Everyone followed Lora into the room where everyone had been held captive. And Mephiles was quick to notice that, along with all the eggbots being destroyed, Shadow and Silver were missing.

"Where are our friends?" Mephiles asked. "They were in here before we left."

Lora looked to where Mephiles pointed. "Sonia's already freed Silver and gotten them both into the skyship. That fox girl had a key in her pocket for the machine Silver was in."

As Mephiles mentally facepalmed for not checking Fiona's pockets, they all exited the building through a hole blasted in the wall.

And when they all got outside, everyone besides Lora and Sonia were surprised to see what looked like a large spaceship from a sci-fi movie, waiting for them with a large door open. They entered, and were greeted by Silver and Shadow.

As in, greeted by the sight of Silver and Shadow.

As Silver and Shadow were kissing on a large couch in the ship, in perfect view of everyone.

"Good lord, you two! We only left you here for five minutes!" Lora said.

Silver got off of Shadow, who quickly sat up. "Oh hey, everyone. Good to see you made it out safely." Silver said, embarrassed.

"Ya little nasties." Lora said smiling. She turned to the rest of the rescued hedgehogs, "Now, you all go sit down. I want you to meet someone."

As they sat down, Lora walked into one of the many rooms. Scourge sat near Silver and Shadow, Fleetway sat beside his little brother, Mephiles sat in Fleetway's lap, and Sonic (reluctantly) sat next to Fleetway. Manic, still in his panicked new form, didn't want to get close to a lot of people, so he remained standing away from the group.

Sonia, confused at this, pulled Manic away from the group to ask, "You okay, Manic?"

This is when Sonia noticed her little brother's altered appearance. His pale muzzle, his tired expression, his usually brown eyes now pale grey, and dark marks underneath them.