Finger Guns

Author (Shymo): Is this book inconsistent, both story line wise and what month it is? Yes. Do I care enough to fix it? Nope.

It's been a few days since the realization. Ayanna has been slowly helping you with your feelings. You and PJ were heading to the auditorium for rehearsal since it was after school.

"What scenes are we blocking today?" You asked him, taking your script out of your bag.

"I'm pretty sure it's act two, scenes four, five, and six."

"Ah yes, scene six, where Tony frickin' dies." You replied, opening your script to scene six.

"And I'm pretty sure Maria holds multiple people at gunpoint."

The both of you entered the auditorium, putting down your bags and stuff on the front row of auditorium seats. Spirit was talking with MTT about things. Some of the other cast members that were there were conversing with each other and waved to you two when you guys hopped onto the stage. (My friend and I actually would run and jump onto the stage before rehearsals.)

"Hi Y/N!" Sancha, who was playing Anita, greeted you.

"Hey."

"You ready to feel sad and then hold people at gunpoint out of anger?"

"I hope I am."

Once all the cast members arrived and were accounted for, the blocking for those last two scenes began. Spirit emerged from the elusive prop hall, where all the props and stuff are kept.

"I couldn't find the fake gun."

"Can we just use finger guns then?" The guy playing Chino, the guy who shoots Tony, asked.

"Sure, what could wrong?"

You and PJ were currently sitting in the auditorium seats since both of you didn't need to be present for scene four. Sancha and other cast members were on stage since scene four is when Anita is trying to deliver a message to Tony that Maria is dead, but she's actually alive.

"Tell the murderer Maria's never gonna meet him! Tell him Chino found out and...and shot her! She is dead!" Sancha read out, going out the fake door that was on stage. Spirit then directed her to read the line more fierce and angry. Scene four was repeated about 2 more times. You nudged PJ on the shoulder.

"You're up. Scene five." You told him. He got up and head onto the stage through one of the wings with his script in hand.

"Alright Tony and Doc," MTT announced to them, "this scene is just you two. I want you both to really put in some emotion for this, especially Tony once he hears Maria is dead. Doc, be cautious with the stage slap."

You watched the scene happen, getting ready for the final scene. As PJ said his final line in the scene, you got up and headed to one of the wings.

"Scene six everyone!" Spirit announced, moving some things off the stage. The scene then started. You listened carefully so you didn't miss your cue to go on stage.

"Chino, I'm calling for ya, Chino! Hurry! It's clear now. There's nobody but me. Come on! Will ya, please. I'm waitin' for ya. I want you to-" PJ recited. That was your cue. You walked out onto the stage. "Maria...Maria?"

"Tony..."

"Maria!"

Aa you two ran to each other as directed, the person playing Chino stepped out with finger guns and went 'pew,' which sent most of the cast laughing. Spirit and MTT were chuckling.

"Alright, let's start again at Maria's cue." MTT said after most of the laughter had died down. You guys repeated the part again, doing your best to say your lines accurately but you were still using the script so it was all good. A few more lines had passed.

"Alright Maria, so after you say "stay back," you get up and walk towards Chino. Chino, you hand her the gun. Maria, once your following line is said, point the gun at him." Spirit directed. The scene went by quite smoothly and soon enough, rehearsal was over.

"Good work everyone! Make sure your lines are memorized by next Wednesday!" MTT declared as you all packed your stuff up.

"Guys, what if when you see a fellow cast member in the halls or somethin', you guys do finger guns at each other and say 'pew pew'?" The guy who plays the character Bernardo, Maria's brother, Anita's boyfriend, and the leader of the Sharks, suggested.

"Like, as an inside joke?" A cast member questioned.

"Obviously. It's basically theatre cult tradition to make at least one inside joke about anything that happens in rehearsal." One of the girls claimed.

"Okay, but if I," the guy to plays Chino pointed at himself, "encounter PJ, when I do finger guns, he has to pretend to be shot."

"Sure, why not." PJ replied.

"And if I encounter you," You pointed at the guy who plays Chino,"then when I do finger guns, you gotta put your hands up in surrender."

"Sounds good to me."

Spirit walked over to you and gave you a look. You waved goodbye to your fellow cast members and walked out of the auditorium with your sister. You guys got in the car and started heading home.

"I hope I can find the prop gun. If not, I'll just make one." Spirit said, keeping her eyes on the road because she's a responsible adult. "Last time I know one was used was for then the school did Little Shop of Horrors when I was going there."

"I keep forgetting you went there as well." You replied. "What did you do for Little Shop anyway?"

"Stage crew and prop manager and let me tell you, keeping the props and stuff in check with that cast was a nightmare." Your sister grumbled.

You chuckled at your sister and smiled. Y'all got home and you did your school work and stuff like practice songs.