Chapter 9: Baby Be Mine

When you meet the one who changes the way your heartbeats,
dance with them to that rhythm for as long as the song lasts. - Kirk Diedrich

__________________________________________________________

We got to class thirty minutes early. We skipped meeting our friends in the student lounge. Because, I wasn't ready to face everyone. Not about what happened between Michael and I. But, for the simple fact that Alejandro and Lena are lying to me. I wouldn't even have cared if they dated. I'm hurt because they didn't trust me enough to tell me. I no longer know what our friendship means anymore. Are we even best friends? I haven't seen or spoken to Alejandro or Lena since Halloween night. That was two weeks ago. I'm even avoiding Marlon. I don't even know if Michael told him. I don't want him to hurt but, he also deserves the truth. Michael respected that fact and stayed by my side despite that being his brother. 

I straighten my hair two days ago with the help of Michael. Who am I kidding? He did the whole damn thing. I didn't ask him. He volunteered to do the whole thing. I've only been hanging out with Michael. Nothing has changed. We still hang out. We're just kissing now. I love it. But, he hasn't asked me to be his. I want to be. I want us to be together. Doesn't he want the same? I hate feeling like this. Doesn't he like me back? I didn't embrace these feelings to just still be confused about them. Should I just tell him I'd be his if he just asked me. I just want to know that I'm not wasting my time. I want this to be real more than anything. He's been so good to me. I want to be his girl. 

I feel Michael's hands touch my thighs. I look up at him to see him on his knees and partially in between my legs. He leans up and pecks my lips. He gives me that damn smile I love so much. He tucks my hair behind my ears. He leans forward kissing me again. His hands didn't move after that. They stayed right above my knees. His lips were just pressed against mine and I still felt fireworks. I felt so damn beautiful because of him. The butterflies fluttered around. Goosebumps made their debut against my skin. I felt like I was floating. All my worries, insecurities, and doubts vanished the moment his lips landed upon mine. I'd be yours if you just asked me damn it. 

"What are you doing?" I ask as he pulls away. 

He picks up his notepad and shows me. 

"What's on your mind?" 

"I'm okay," I say. 

It's not a lie. I am okay. I'm just confused damn it. Ask me to be yours Michael. Just please ask me to be yours. He shakes his head at me and flashes me his notepad again. With the same message. I sigh heavily. 

"What is this?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "What are we? What are we doing? I didn't embrace these feelings just to still be confused."

He nods his head before writing in his notepad.