𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

THE SORTING CEREMONY

***

"𝗪𝗘'𝗥𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 miss you two so much!" Mum hugged us both tightly.

"Now you'd better not forget to write to us," Dad teased pulling us in for a hug.

"Okay now you better go," Mum said and we began pushing our trunks, "We love you!" She called out, they both waved to us. 

"Love you too," Hermione and I said at the same time, before turning around and getting on the train.

Hermione lead the way to find an empty compartment but the emptiest she found was a boy sitting sad and alone. "You don't mind do you, everywhere is full," Hermione pushed in he trunk and I followed.

"No, I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom." He introduced himself. I quickly held my breath, containing my laugh.

"Well I'm Hermione Granger, and this is my sister Eloise," She gestured to me.

"Funny, you two don't look like twins." He smiled turning his head to the said comparing our obvious differences. Hermione's short brown bushy hair and my sleek dark hair that fell to my shoulders, Hermione's big chocolatey brown eyes and my emerald green ones, Hermione's freckle filled nose, where mine was just plain, apart from the pink tint spreading from my cheeks and over my nose.

"That's because we're not," I said once letting my breath go. "Why did you look so sad at first?" I asked.

"I can't find my toad, Trevor," He frowned.

"Why don't you go look for him down the aisles, we'll help too," Hermione offered, I silently sighed and agreed.

"Thank you!" He smiled and left the compartment.

 Me and Hermione took this time to change into our robes. Hermione's seemed to be a size to big but mine fitted perfectly.

"Let's go." Hermione said, leading the way as always and asking compartments whether they had seen a toad.

We got to the last compartment in the aisle as saw a ginger boy sitting opposite a brown haired boy whos clothes looked way to big fo him., "I don't suppose you've seen a toad. Boy named Neville lost his." Hermione asked. 

"No sorry," The brown haired boy replied.

"Oh are you doing magic? Let's see then." Hermione looked at the ginger boy with the wand in his hand. He shot the brown haired boy an uncomfortable look and cleared his throat.

"Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He flicked his wand at the rat but nothing happened.

Hermione smirked, "Are you sure that's a real spell, well it's not very good, is it. I've been practising a few simple spells myself for example..." She walked leaving me by the door frame to sit by the brown haired boy, "Oculus reparo." She pointed her wand at the boys face and fixed his glasses. Hermione gasped, "Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger... and you are?" She turned her head to the ginger boy.