Chapter 11

Aelin

Everything had gone as planned. I had given everyone a good shock by revealing my fae form. And Rowan... Rowan was finally here! And he had brought Lorcan and Dorian. Dorian would be a good key in solving the problem of them currently hating me. But Lorcan and Rowan looked just a tiny bit too intimidating, they surely attracted trouble.

But even though the circumstances weren't perfect, I couldn't help but love the feeling in my stomach as the mating bond strengthened. It felt so good to finally have my mate by my side. Even though I could of course get on fine by myself, it felt better to know that he would be here to support me.

I was really surprised when a beam of darkness suddenly hit me and all hell broke loose. My shields had snapped up just in time, but my legs were slightly shaking by the shock. Rowan was instantly upon Rhysand, trying to break his shield. Lorcan and Dorian followed his suit, each picking their targets. 

In just seconds the group was on their knees. Rowan was standing over them, panting. All of them were gasping for air, clawing at their throats. I could see him shaking with anger.

"Rowan, stop," I said to him as I put a hand on his shoulder. He made no move to stop.

"Rowan, STOP!" I said, a bit louder an clearer this time. I hated saying things like an order, because I knew that it would go through the blood bond and force him to do as I said, but i had no other choice.

He released his choke hold on them. They all gasped for air, tears had just begun to form in their eyes from the lack of oxygen. 

"Now that you have all finally realized who you are up against, let's start this all over. I am Aelin, and this is my mate and our companions, we will kill you all if you try anything like that again," I said, already beginning to enter my killing calm.

Amren chuckled from her seat, still sipping at a glass of wine. She was the only one that had not  joined the fight, so she was completely untouched by Rowan's magic.

"You are really putting on a good show," she said, giving me a wicked smile.

"It's my pleasure," I answered, giving her a mocking bow. That female had literally tricked every single person in this room, making everyone think that some evil force was behind me coming here.

Feyre rose to her feet, a cold mask already on her face. She brushed off the dust on her clothes and offered Rhysand a hand to get up.

"Let's settle this the old way. I challenge you four against four of us. The winner will lead this meeting and decide what should happen," Feyre said. Did they really think of beating us in a fight when one of us had managed to beat all of them in seconds just now. Either way this was going to be really fun.

"Sounds fun, I am in," I replied with a confident smirk. It would be really fun seeing their faces when they go beaten once again.  I had sometimes missed being an assassin, just going around fighting everyone and everything. Being Celaena had really given me some perks.

"But your act of violence and betrayal against The Night Court makes you and your companions our enemies. So you will not be offered a place to rest or food to eat, no matter how tired you are,"  there came the words I had been waiting for. In all honesty this fight had come a bit too early than what I had wished for, since I was still in bad shape because of yesterday's fight. If I was lucky the same thing had happened to Rhysand.

"Then let's get ready for an epic battle," I said, taking Rowan's hand and striding out to the fighting ranges.

The moment we were out of sight I threw my arms around Rowan. The familiar smell of pine filled my body and it felt like I was home again. Rowan let out a low laugh.

"Do you know how worried I have been?" he asked. But there was no hint of pain or sorrow in his voice. His green eyes shone with both worry and happiness. 

"Yeah next time I will just kindly ask them not to kidnap me," I said with a laugh. Rowan snorted at me, but still didn't let go. Lorcan coughed behind us.

"Can we just skip all of this and start the fight instead? I don't have eternal life anymore and would like to come home to my wife before she goes crazy," Lorcan said, crossing his arms.

"It's great to see you too Lorcan," I sarcastically replied. 

Always such a sunshine, Rowan muttered. 

"But yeah you are right. We should prepare for the fight. Do all of you have weapons?". Everyone nodded. The three males were all geared up with bows, swords and knives. They were also wearing armor, which was probably only for the looks.

"What do we gain from this fight again?" Dorian asked.

"Honor and glory," I mockingly replied. "It would be way too boring to just go home before the fun have started."

The group walked out of the back doors. They had all changed into very expensive looking clothes, covered in shimmering stones. They were really going for the all royal and rich look. The fighting ranges disappeared in low cracking sound. Left was a big area, almost as big as the mansion, for us to fight on.

Amren spoke up "The rules are simple. No killing is allowed, and the fight should stay in this area at all times. Anyone that leaves the battle grounds is immediately defeated and will be forbidden to join the fight again. Other than that everything is allowed; magic, hidden weapons and everything else. I will be the judge."

They were 5 and we were 4. Hopefully it wouldn't matter. I didn't know how strong everyone were, but I was the Heir of Mala Fire-bringer for gods' sake. It would be humiliating to lose to these boring people.

We walked into our positions. "Nearly all of them can winnow, which is kind of like Fenrys ability. The males also have wings, which should be a weak spot," I whispered to my friends. I was interrupted by Amren's shouting.

"Let the battle begin!"

(Sorry that this is kind of short but I am currently overwhelmed by school work and don't have a lot of time to write. Sorry :/ )