Chapter 38

The basement had the silence talking, with Taehyung's hands trembling as he points the knife directly to Jungkook.

"Stay away!" He snarled. "I won't let you hurt me anymore!" However, his statement didn't scare Jungkook. Though it made their atmosphere tense up a little, he could clearly see the psycho was unbothered.

His eyes were glossy because of his tears, though he was trying his best to hold it back and try to be strong for himself.

If no one will come to save him, he has no choice but to save himself.

"Why is it so hard for you to set me free?" Taehyung's voice trembled, he knew the question was too stupid to be asked but he was too focused on finally getting an answer.

Jungkook shakes his head in disbelief, taking  step forward which caused Taehyung to swing the knife as a warning, responding with a quick step backward.

"That's what I ask myself too." Jungkook stops when Taehyung swung the knife, somehow getting the threat he was trying to show off. "But I never get an answer. Maybe I just couldn't, everything's too late."

"I.." Taehyung took a deep breath. "I wish, I never m-met you in that fucking bar, I-I wish I left before you could even help me!" He rants, gripping the handle of the knife tighter.

"Regrets are always in the end, but why not make it worth it instead?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow, "Everything can work out if you aren't stubborn." He takes another step again, followed by another- until he was just a few steps close to Taehyung who was cornered to the wall.

"Stay the fuck away!" He ignores what he says, raising the knife he had before swinging it down to stab Jungkook. Taehyung shuts his eyes, waiting for the blood to mess with his face but what surprised him was that his knife was stopped midway.

Upon opening them, he could feel his tears flow. Jungkook's face scrunched for a few seconds from the cringing pain on his palm- with blood flowing down his hand following the skin of his arm. Taehyung only made it worse by trying to pull his only weapon back, getting a grunt from Jungkook but his strength was nothing compared to his.

With the amount of force Jungkook had used, he won their dangerous tug of war. His left hand was injured, a huge open slit on his palm yet he tried to conceal it in.

He was far beyond pissed.

"I tried to be nicer, Taehyung." Jungkook says, his mood falling into a not so good one. "But whenever I let my guard down, you betray me. It shows how much I couldn't trust you without chains." He sighs then again, suddenly turning back to the trembling male to punch him in the stomach.

Taehyung yelps in pain, gasping as he hugged his stomach. "Love isn't love without pain and suffering." As scary as Jungkook may be, the unarmed male knew being scared wouldn't be the best option.

He was a man. Just like Jungkook. They should have the same strength when it comes to self defense. "But I don't fucking love you!" He swings a swift punch to Jungkook's face, grunting in pain as his head began to throb again.

Jungkook stumbles back by how hard he had punched. His other hand held his cheek, already predicting it to bruise up. He moves his jaw, before smiling wide like a madman.

"After what I have done?" He started, laughing as if he was just chatting like a normal being- which was a complete opposite for a psychopathic man like him. "I killed that stupid friend of yours back when we were ice scating, can't you see how he looked at you? He wanted you aswell and I won't let him have that!"

Taehyung's eyes widens, the situation becoming clear to him. "O-oh my god, you killed Bogum! You're a fucking monster!" He yells, giving Jungkook another punch and the male didn't even dodge it.