Chapter 44

"Oh god," Jimin felt his heart drop the moment he takes a step forward. "Tae? Please answer me!" He begs, before crawling to the bed where Taehyung was laid on.

His hands were shaking as he takes a good grip on Taehyung's arm, moving him frantically in fear that something had happened to his dearest brother.

If only he took action back then. If it weren't for Jungkook's threat, this wouldn't have happened. Taehyung doesn't deserve to suffer like this- nor have such a bitter passing.

Jimin could feel his heart ache the moment he notices the purple bruises on Taehyung's neck. They looked fresh, and it was a tough guess wether it was choke marks or hickeys.

"M-min.." Taehyung suddenly spoke- eyes closed as he parted his dry lips, trying to catch as much air as he could. He sounded drained, and the fact that he didn't look like he could move independently made Jimin feel even more bad.

"Taehyung! Y-you're alive, oh god- I thought I lost you!" Jimin could feel himself tear up, his arms immediately scooping the male's upper body off the bed so he could embrace him as much as he can. "I'm sorry for letting you suffer, I promise to get you out of here."

Even if Taehyung didn't have the energy to move, he managed to return a weak hug- trying his best to stay conscious as he could feel his head throbbing and spinning once again.

"I'm tired, hyung." His voice had gone faint, body going numb upon setting off his honest feelings towards Jimin. "It's all too much, a-and I don't think I can-"

"You can." A tear slips down from Jimin's eyes, his heart heavy with guilt and pain. "I can't lose you, Taehyung. I won't let you die because of this." Using his other hand, he grabs the blanket from the bed- wrapping it around Taehyung's naked body knowing they wouldn't have much time to retrieve his clothes.

"We have to go now, just hold on to me okay?" Jimin could feel his voice shake, trying to make himself look brave so that Taehyung would be encouraged to leave.

He carefully drags Taehyung out of the bed, checking if he could at least get up using his legs before side hugging him for guidance.

The male's steps were shaky, his weight mostly relying on Jimin as his head lulls down due to his weak strength. It was painful for Jimin to see his brother suffer, and he felt like it happened because he decided to shut his mouth.

He felt like an irresponsible person. If only he reported the threat early, then all of this should've been prevented.

"Hoseok! I got him, but I think he needs to be taken to the hospital." Jimin calls out, walking towards his boyfriend though he settles with a safer distance when he notices that Jungkook was still unrestrained.

Taehyung's heart was beating incredibly fast, looking almost everywhere but Jungkook's direction. He felt cornered, even if he was held safely by his brother.

Hoseok lets out a huff, eyes never leaving Jungkook just incase he would suddenly attack- hand holding onto the gun that he kept by the hem of his pants. The atmosphere shifts then again, creating a stronger and intense tensions between the four of them.

"So you're awake now," Jungkook says, a grin plastered on his face. "How was your sleep?" It was a harmless question, yet it came from an abuser's mouth. Taehyung cringes at that,  replying with a low whimper as he presses his weak frame closer to Jimin.

He hated how helpless he was, how hurt and sore his whole body was and he hated to admit that he killed somebody out there. Taehyung shuts his eyes, wanting everything to be a bad dream and that he'll wake up from it soon.