47.

Colby heard his wife reading a story to the boys upstairs as he sat on the couch in the living room. He heard their giggles as she got to the funny part of the story, he loved that sound, the sound of their little laughs was enough to make anyone's day better.

His kids really were his life, he loved them more than anything in the world and he would die to protect them.

He and Rebecca had talked about future children after the boys were born, they had said they would be fine with three. He really, honestly was fine with three, he didn't need anymore and she felt the same way.. but then he thought about right before the kids were born and they were looking at this house to move into and she had mentioned something about what would happen if she did get pregnant again and he told her they would get through it together.

After listening for close to thirty minutes, all he heard was silence and he knew his boys were asleep. He made his way up the stairs quietly and poked his head into Beckett's room first, the little boy was fast asleep, Tyler's room was next and he was also fast asleep, then looking into Knox's room he saw his tiniest little boy curled into a ball with his favorite stuffed animals in his arms.

He walked into his room where he saw his wife walking into the room, her nightly wardrobe of a sports bra and sweats as she threw her hair up in a bun on top of her head. He walked quietly over to her, grabbing her face in his hands and kissing her gently. He fully expected her to still be angry, to still be upset and pull away from him but she didn't, she just simply wrapped her arms around his body and kissed him back just as sweetly.

He pulled away and stared at her for a moment, just admiring her, taking in the look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry" he spoke quietly "I'm stupid" he said and she shook her head

"No" she stated "You're not" she shook her head "You were just in shock.. you're still in shock, I can see it in your eyes.. I didn't expect you to take this news well"

"I don't want you to feel like I'm angry" he shook his head as he moved to sit on the edge of the bed "I'm not" he said as she stood in between his legs

"We didn't plan for four kids" she shook her head

"We didn't plan for triplets either but here we are" he said and she smiled "We'll be fine, We're just adding one more to the chaos"

"Four kids though?" She asked and he shrugged

"We've got four hands between the two of us" he said and she laughed

"Future wise.. what the hell are we gonna do? I mean we just went back a year and a half ago and now surprise! I'm quitting again but this time forever"

"They'll understand" he said "and if they don't they'll lose me again too" she saw the seriousness in his eyes and nodded "We're gonna be fine" he kissed her head "Are you okay?You're feeling okay?"

"I'm okay" she nodded "I'm tired and starting to feel sick but I'm okay"

"You've been feeling sick for weeks and I haven't noticed?"

"We have three three year old boys Colby, I'm surprised we even notice each other half the time" she said and he laughed

"You weren't sick with Alex or the boys" he shook his head and she shrugged

"Every pregnancy is different" she said and he looked at her and placed a quick kiss on her stomach 

"I love you" he looked up at her and she smiled 

"I love you" she whispered and she watched him place another gentle kiss on her stomach 

"We love you" he whispered against her skin and she smiled