Chapter Twenty-four

*New Years Eve.*

It's been a few days since I learned about the House of the Night Children. I've studied it, and read more autobiographies about people who've been in it. Over the passed couple of says I've hung out with Isaac and I've been helping my cousins move in, even though I did forget about them moving in since Aunt May is ill.  Jason and Indi have been around her house more and shopping for their own house. Zayn and I surprisingly haven't really seen all that much of each other. He hasn't been sneaking in, I haven't gone over, he hasn't  come over, and we haven't gone out. I don't even know why, we are both just busy. I don't know, we've texted a lot and called each other. Now I'm helping Jamie unpack her room. Helping her put up posters, and dang does she have a lot. We talk we laugh. She's like a little sister.  She's asking about Tong High and if she'll like it. Stuff like that.

Did I forget to mention it's New Years Eve, only a couple more days for break. I'm not looking forward to school, and I applied to uni and should be getting a response back and then there are SATs. All that fun stuff.

I stand on a chair helping put a poster of Kellin Quinn on her wall. I lean back to see how it looks, next thing I know I slip and I fall, but I don't hit the ground. I land in strong tattooed arms.

"Your clumsy enough, what are you doing falling of chairs?" He chuckles into my ear setting me down.

"Well it looked fun!" I look at Jamie she is smiling and laughing.

I roll my eyes. I plop on Jamie's bed looking up at Zayn. He leans up against the wall looking at a poster, a poster of Ed Sheeran.

"Ah you like Ed too eh?" He chuckles.

"Thanks to me," I smile proudly.

"I freaking love him! She told me you got her tickets! Lucky wish my boyfriend would do that."

"Boyfriend? What? Since when?"

"Relax I'm a single ready to mingle eating some Pringles," she says. "I was just-" she trails off shugging.

"I understand. There are a few cute guys at Tong High, maybe you'll catch one!" I smirk.

"How cute do you think these guys are?" Zayn asks. Jealous Zayn is hot, but annoying. 

"Cuter than you!" I cross my arms. Zayn rolls his eyes.

"Trying to piss me off are you?"

"Is it working?" I ask. He looks away.

"You being a mute now?" I ask he nods. I roll my eyes.

"Did you really piss him off?" Jamie asks.

"Probably."

"So he isn't going to talk to you?" She asks.

I smirk at him and turn to Jamie.

"Oh he'll talk, I've got my ways," I wink toward Zayn whose eyes grow wide. I smirk.

"What are your ways?" Jamie asks.

"You don't want to know."

I lock eyes with Zayn  he sucks in a sharp breath. He knows exsactly what I mean. I know he's thinking about it, bet his pants are growing tighter. I smirk proudly to myself. He tries to look away.

I can hear him groan a low "Oh my God."

I laugh.

"C'mon Jamie there's something I want to give you!" I gasp suddenly.

I run down the hallway Zayn is behind us. I go my closet and grab a box. I pad over to my bed and sit next to Jamie. Zayn plops in my swivel office chair throwing his feet up on my desk I glare at him.